Here's a collection of some of the best travel quotes to inspire your travel adventures. These quotes can act as motivation, keep your enthusiasm levels high, and help you dream of travel adventures in exotic places. Just the thing to start of your New Year with a set of fresh goals in mind!
Best Travel Quotes
I love reading travel quotes. I have even set my computer background to display a different one every day. The best travel quotes motivate me on days when I have no choice but to be chained to the PC. They help inspire me, and see the bigger picture. This way, at least I know I am working for a reason!
Here are some of the best travel quotes, which I hope will help motivate and inspire you as well. They come from some of the world's most famous writers, thinkers, explorers, and travellers. The photos are all my own. Please feel free to share them on pinterest, facebook or twitter. Let's work together to help inspire people's travel adventures!
Best Inspirational Travel Quotes
1. “For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
2. “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
3. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
4. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
5. “Travel and change of place impart new vigour to the mind.” – Seneca
6. “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” – Clifton Fadiman
7. “People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home.” – Dagobert D. Runes
8. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
9. “Travelling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things – air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky – all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” – Cesare Pavese
11. “Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
12. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
13. “The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see.” – G.K. Chesterton
14. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Unknown
15. “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” – John A. Shedd
16. “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac
17. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you travelled.” – Mohammed
18. “The world is a book and he who doesn't travel only reads one page.” – St. Augustine
19. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
20. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.” – Buddha
Do you think these are the best travel quotes? Do you have any you might like to add? I would love to hear from you, so please leave a comment below.