What to check for in a hotel room
The budget traveller will soon get used to hotel or hostel rooms of varying qualities! Below, is a list of things I check for when taking a room for more than a day. (If I take a room for a day, I can generally live without these things if needed).
- Has the bathroom got running water all the time?
- Is there hot water? Turn the shower on to test it.
- Are there electrical sockets?
- Do the lights work?
- Does the room have a key?
- Does the door actually lock?
- Is there WiFi ? (many small hotels or hostels may not advertise the fact, so it is best to ask)
- Does the fan/air con work?
- Whats the bed like?
- Is there a mirror?
These are just some of the things I check for, and there are others on a country by country basis.
Have any suggestions to add?? Please leave a comment below!