There are 4 ferries per week sailing from Paros to Donoussa in Greece during the summer months, with the quickest ferry taking just 2 hours and 15 minutes to reach Donoussa from Paros.
Donoussa island in Greece
I'll let you in to a secret – tiny Donoussa is one of my favourite islands in the Cyclades of Greece!
It's a perfect Greek island getaway, with lovely beaches, great food, and a relaxed atmosphere.
If you're feeling overwhelmed with the amount of tourists on Paros, Donoussa is a good choice of an island to visit after.
The beaches are 100 times better too!
There are no flights between Paros and Donoussa, so if you want to go there next, you'll need to take a ferry.
Paros to Donoussa ferries
During the peak travel season (May through to September), there may be up to 4 ferries per week from Paros to Donoussa. These ferries to Donoussa from Paros are operated by Blue Star Ferries and SeaJets.
The quickest crossing from Paros going to Donoussa takes around 2 hours and 15 minutes. The slowest ferry boat sailing to Donoussa from Paros island takes around 3 hours and 50 minutes.
If you want more flexibility on your travel days, you could try first taking a ferry from Paros to Naxos, and then a ferry from Naxos to Donoussa. This would take longer in terms of total travel time, but you may be able to get from Paros to Donoussa on every day of the week using this method.
Check out Ferryhopper for Greek ferry tickets and up to date timetables for direct and indirect Paros Donoussa ferries.
Donoussa Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting the Greek island of Donoussa:
- Ferries depart from the main port, Parikia in Paros. Aim to be at the ferry port an hour before departure especially if using the buses to get there, as traffic can be heavy during the summer.
- Ferries arrive at Stavros (Chora) port in Donoussa. Most of the accommodation in Donoussa can be found in and around Chora.
- For hotels in Donoussa, I recommend looking at Booking. If you are traveling to Donoussa in the peak months of summer, I advise reserving places to stay in Donoussa well in advance. This island only has limited accommodation, and quickly sells out for the popular months of July and August.
- Suggested hotels in Donoussa include: Dimitrakis Guesthouse, Studiosdidima, Makares, Althea Studios, Firoa Studios, Aposperitis, Pothiti Studios, Iliovasilema Studios, Ammos Studios, Asterias House, Restía, Pahivouni Studios & Suites, Asimina Studios, Stenosa, and Astrofegia guest house.
- Spend time on some of the top rated beaches in Donoussa: Fikio, Vathi Limenari, Stavros, Tripiti, Livadi, and Kedros. Check out my complete guide on Donoussa Greece.
- One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book your Paros to Donoussa ferry tickets in advance, especially during the height of summer.
- For other travel tips about Donoussa, Paros and other Greek destinations, sign up for my newsletter.
- Related travel post suggestion: What to do in Paros
How to go to from Paros to Donoussa FAQ
Readers sometimes ask these question about traveling to Donoussa from Paros include:
How do you get to Donoussa island?
You can only reach Donoussa by ferry. There are direct ferries from Piraeus Port in Athens to Donoussa, and there are also many inter-island connections with Donoussa from other islands in the Cyclades.
How can you get to Donoussa from Paros?
The only way to travel from Paros to Donoussa is by using a ferry. There are up to 4 ferries per week sailing to the island of Donoussa from Paros during the summer months.
Is there an airport on Donoussa?
The small Cyclades island of Donoussa does not have an airport. The nearest island with an airport is Naxos, which has regular flights to and from Athens.
How many hours is the ferry from Paros to Donoussa?
The ferries to Donoussa island from Paros take between 2 hours and 15 minutes and 3 hours and 50 minutes. Ferry operators on the Paros Donoussa route may include Blue Star Ferries and SeaJets.
Where can I buy tickets for the ferry to Donoussa?
Ferryhopper is perhaps the easiest site to use when it comes to booking Ferry tickets online. I think it's better that you book your Paros to Donoussa ferry tickets in advance, but you could also use a local travel agency in Greece.
Paros Donoussa Ferry Tickets
In conclusion – You can take a direct ferry between Paros and Donoussa four times a week during the high season. These two Cyclades islands are quite close to one another, and so the journey times take between 2 and 5 hours depending on which ferry company you use.
Passengers planning to travel in August should definitely book there ticket as much in advance of their visit as possible, and this can easily be done online at my ferry partners Ferryhopper.
Have any questions on which ferry companies on trips like these in the Cyclades group are best? Have you used a service on this route, and have insights into prices or planning an itinerary? Leave a comment below!
Dave is a travel writer who has been living in Greece and writing about the country since 2015. In addition to creating this guide to ferries from Paros to Donoussa, he's written hundreds more guides to other destinations in Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: