The islands of Tinos and Kythnos are connected by a ferry service operated by Blue Star Ferries. The ferries to Kythnos from Tinos depart once a week on a Thursday.
Tinos Kythnos Ferry Schedule
There is no airport in Kythnos, so the only way to make a journey from Tinos to Kythnos is by ferry.
During the tourist season, there is one ferry a week from Tinos to Kythnos. The ferry company offering crossings is Blue Star Ferries, and you can easily check the latest schedules and ticket prices at Ferryhopper.
Typically, the ferry sailing between the Cyclades islands of Tinos and Kythnos leaves on a Thursday. The departure time is 09.10, and it takes 3 and a half hours to cover the distance by sea to Kythnos from Tinos.
Kythnos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting Kythnos:
- Ferries leave from the island's port in Tinos Town in Tinos. Arriving ferries dock at Merihas port in Kythnos.
- Passengers should arrive at the departure ports at least a half an hour before the ferry ride is scheduled.
- One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book tickets for the Tinos to Kythnos ferry route in advance, especially during the busy summer months.
- Travel times for the Tinos Kythnos trips are around 3 and a half hours on a conventional ferry. You may be able to buy snacks and drinks on board, but it is cheaper to take your own.
- For accommodation in Kythnos, take a look at Booking. They have a great choice of rooms to rent in Kythnos and areas to consider staying include Chora (Messaria), Loutra, and Merichas. If you are traveling to Kythnos in the peak travel season, I advise reserving hotels in Kythnos a month or so in advance.
- Readers recommend visiting the following beaches in Kythnos: Gaidouromantra, Apokrousi, Agios Stefanos, Aliki, Loutra, Kolona, and Agios Sostis.
- Renting a car is a good way to get around Kythnos and explore the island. Read my guide to renting a car in Greece for vital inside tips!
- For more travel information about Kythnos, Tinos and other Greek islands sign up for my newsletter.
- Related travel post suggestion: Islands near Tinos
How to travel from Tinos to Kythnos FAQ
A few common questions people have who want to visit Kythnos from Tinos include:
How do we get to Kythnos from Tinos?
The only means of transport from Tinos to Kythnos is ferry boat. There is one ferry trip a week scheduled to sail to the island of Kythnos from Tinos.
Is there an airport on Kythnos?
There's no airport on the Greek island of Kythnos, so the only way to go to from Tinos to Kythnos is by the ferry services.
How long is the ferry crossing from Tinos to Kythnos?
The duration of ferries crossing to Kythnos island from Tinos is around 3 hours and 30 minutes. Ferry operators on the Tinos Kythnos route may include Blue Star Ferries, and the frequency of ferries to the destination of Kythnos is one per week.
Where do I buy ferry tickets to Kythnos?
Ferryhopper is perhaps the easiest site to use when it comes to checking ferry routes and booking ferry tickets online. I think it's better that you book your Tinos to Kythnos ferry tickets in advance, but alternatively you could also wait until you are in Greece, and use a travel agency.
Dave is a travel writer from the UK, living in Athens since 2015. As well as writing this travel blog post about ferries from Tinos to Kythnos, he's also written hundreds more travel guides to Greek destinations. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond, and feel free to share this post with your friends!:
Leave a Reply