There is at least one Naxos to Schinoussa ferry per day in the summer, with the travel time taking between 1 hour and 20 minutes and 1 hour and 50 minutes. In this blog post, I'm going to give you a quick overview of how to get from Naxos to Schinoussa by ferry.
How to get from Naxos to Schinoussa by ferry
The Naxos Schinoussa ferry trip is one of the quicker ‘hops' between Greek islands you can make, as Naxos and Schinoussa islands are quite close together.
During the tourist season, there is at least one ferry per day, with two ferries per day on Tuesdays and Thursdays sailing from Naxos to Schinoussa.
These ferries to Schinoussa from Naxos are operated by Blue Star Ferries and Small Cyclades Lines (Express Skopelitis).
You can buy tickets online at Ferryscanner
Ferries on the Naxos Schinoussa Route
Blue Star Ferries offer the quickest ferry trip to Schinoussa at just one hour and twenty minutes. They tend to sail three days a week on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.
Ferry ticket prices even in high season are very reasonable, with passengers paying 6.50 Euro (summer 2022 price).
The smaller, but much more fun Small Cyclades Lines Express Skopelitis boat makes the crossing to Schinoussa in one hour and fifty minutes. The prices for ferry tickets are fractionally more at 6.80 Euro (summer 2022 price).
Skopelitis is a small boat that takes locals and visitors between the islands of the Cyclades in Greece. It is considered one of the most fun and economical ways to travel between the Small Cyclades islands and Naxos. If you're island hopping in this part of Greece, your vacation will not be complete without going on this boat at least once!
Keep in mind that prices can change throughout the season, and certainly from year to year. However, this is always going to be one of the cheapest ferry ticket prices in Greece!
The best place to look at up to date schedules and book tickets online is Ferryscanner.
Schinoussa Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting Schinoussa:
- Ferries depart from the port in Naxos Town (Chora) in Naxos. Ferries arrive at Mersini port in Schinoussa. Be at the ferry port at least a half hour before departure.
- For apartments in Schinoussa, I recommend looking at Booking. They have a great range of accommodation in Schinoussa and areas to consider staying include Mersini, Livadi, Chora, and Tsigouri. I've a travel guide which includes places to stay in Schinoussa that might not appear in online sites here – Where to stay in Schinoussa
- I recommend visiting the following beaches in Schinoussa: Psili Ammos, Tsigouri, Piso Ammos, Fikio, and Livadi. Check out my travel guide to Schinoussa for more things to see and do – Schinoussa Island in Greece
- The easiest way to get hold of ferry tickets in Greece is by using Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book your Naxos to Schinoussa ferry tickets in advance, especially during the the busiest months of summer.
- For further travel insights on Schinoussa, Naxos and more places in Greece please subscribe to my newsletter. I've also got a travel guide now available on Amazon's Kindle – Schinoussa and Iraklia in Greece: Greek Islands Travel Guide
- Related travel post suggestion: Ferries from Naxos nearby islands
How to make the journey from Naxos to Schinoussa FAQ
A few common question about traveling to the small island of Schinoussa from Naxos include:
How do I get to Schinoussa from Naxos?
In order to make the trip from Naxos to Schinoussa the best way is by using a ferry. There is one ferry per day, with two ferries per day on Tuesdays and Thursdays sailing to the Cyclades island of Schinoussa from Naxos.
Which ferry companies operate the crossing between Naxos and Schinoussa?
Two ferry companies operate the direct route from Naxos to Schinoussa. These are Blue Star ferries and Small Cyclades Lines.
Is there an airport on Schinoussa?
Schinoussa island does not have an airport. The nearest island with an airport to Schinoussa is Naxos.
How long does the ferry take from Naxos to Schinoussa?
The ferries to the island of Schinoussa from Naxos take between 1 hour and 20 minutes and 1 hour and 50 minutes. Ferry operators on the Naxos Schinoussa route may include Blue Star Ferries and Small Cyclades Lines (Express Skopelitis).
Where can I buy tickets for the ferry to Schinoussa?
One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book your Naxos to Schinoussa ferry tickets in advance, but you could also use a local travel agency in Greece.
What is the most common way for locals in the Cyclades to travel between islands during the summer?
The only way to travel between Greek islands in the Cyclades is by ferry. In the summer, more ferries run between the islands than in the winter months.
Dave is a travel writer currently based in Greece In addition to writing this travel blog post about ferries from Naxos to Schinoussa, he's written hundreds more guides to other islands and destinations in Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: