There is one ferry a day sailing from Tinos to Santorini during the summer. The journey takes 3 hours and 20 minutes, and the ferry is operated by Golden Star Ferries.
Tinos Santorini Ferry Route
There is no airport on Tinos, so the only way to make the journey from Tinos to Santorini is by taking a ferry.
During the busiest months for travel, there is 1 ferry a day from Tinos to Santorini. These ferries to Santorini from Tinos are operated by Golden Star Ferries.
There may also be options to take an indirect ferry from Tinos to Santorini, but this would add on considerable travel time to the trip.
You can check ferry schedules, travel times and book tickets online at: Ferryscanner
Ferries to Santorini from Tinos
The ferry company offering regular daily crossings on the route Tinos to Santorini is Golden Star Ferries. This is not a year round connection, and will only operate during the high season – typically May to September.
Using a high speed ferry, the trips between Tinos and Santorini take just 3 hours and 20 minutes. This boat will also take vehicles, and ticket prices for passenger on a one way trip start from 58.00 Euro.
You can buy tickets online and double check the ferry schedule at: Ferryscanner
Santorini Island Travel Tips
A few useful tips travel tips for taking the direct ferries between Tinos and Santorini include:
- Passengers are advised to be at the departure port in Tinos at least a half hour before departure.
- Ferry services leave from the island's port in Tinos Town in Tinos. Ferries arrive at Athinios port, a few kilometres from Fira in Santorini.
- For where to stay in Santorini, I suggest looking at Booking. They have a great selection of accommodation in Santorini and areas to consider staying include Imerovigli, Firostefani, Kamari, Monolithos, Fira, Perissa, and Oia. If you are traveling to Santorini in the height of the tourist season, I advise reserving hotels in Santorini a month or so in advance.
- Looking for itinerary ideas on what to see and do in Santorini? Take a look here: 3 days in Santorini
- If you're a beach person, head to these beaches in Santorini: Mesa Pigadia, Monolithos, Perissa, Perivolos, Red Beach, and Kamari.
- The best place to look at Greek ferries online is Ferryscanner. Although I recommend you book your Tinos to Santorini ferry tickets in advance, especially during the tourist season.
- You can get more travel tips about Santorini, Tinos and other popular destinations in the Cyclades group: please subscribe to my newsletter.
- You might also like to read: Islands near Tinos
How to take a trip from Tinos to Santorini FAQ
Readers sometimes ask these question about traveling to Santorini from Tinos include:
How can we get to Santorini from Tinos?
The only way to take the journey from Tinos to Santorini is by ferry. There is one ferry a day sailing to Santorini from Tinos.
Is there an airport in Santorini?
There is an International Airport on Santorini with flight connections to some European destinations. This makes it a good entry or exit point for an island hopping trip in Greece.
How long is the ferry ride from Tinos to Santorini?
The ferries to the island of Santorini from Tinos take around 3 hours and 20 minutes. Ferry operators on the Tinos Santorini route may include Golden Star Ferries.
Where do you get ferry tickets to Santorini?
I find that the Ferryscanner website is the best place to book ferry tickets online. Although I recommend you book your Tinos to Santorini ferry tickets in advance, you could also wait until you are in Greece, and use a travel agency.
Which ferry companies sail from Tinos to Santorini?
Most ferries leaving Tinos for Santorini are operated by Golden Star Ferries. The cost for a passenger ticket starts from 58.00 Euros.
Dave is a travel writer who has been based in Greece since 2015. In addition to creating this travel blog post about ferries from Tinos to Santorini, he's created many other guides about Greek islands and destinations in Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond:
Leave a Reply