There is at least one daily Paros to Sifnos ferry, and on some days two ferries, with the quickest Paros Sifnos ferry taking just 55 minutes to make the trip. This guide has all the travel information on getting to Sifnos from Paros you need to know.
How to get from Paros to Sifnos
The only way to travel from Paros to Sifnos is by ferry.
As these two Greek islands in the Cyclades are close together, the travel time is quite short at just 55 minutes on the quickest ferry, and 3 hours on the slower ones.
During the tourist season, you might expect up to at least one ferry a day, and on some days 2 ferries per day from Paros to Sifnos.
These ferries to Sifnos from Paros are operated by SeaJets and Blue Star Ferries.
If you want to check schedules and book tickets for the ferry online, check out Ferryhopper.
SeaJets Ferries to Sifnos from Paros
Ferry operator SeaJets offers the quickest crossing from Paros going to Sifnos (55 minutes).
This is a seasonal route for SeaJets, who normally add extra vessels according to demand.
Usually, the quicker boats also have more expensive ticket costs and this crossing is no exception. You should expect SeaJets Paros Sifnos ferry ticket prices to start at 59.80 Euro.
Take a look at timetables at Ferryhopper.
Blue Star Ferries from Paros to Sifnos
The slowest vessel sailing to Sifnos from Paros island takes around 3 hours, and is operated by Blue Star Ferries.
This is also the cheapest option, with tickets starting at just 4.50 Euro – quite a difference!
Blue Star only sail this route twice a week though, so check the dates work for you.
Timetables. tickets and Sifnos ferry schedules at Ferryhopper.
Sifnos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting the Greek island of Sifnos:
- Ferries sail from the main port, Parikia in Paros. Ferries arrive at Kamari port in Sifnos.
- For places to stay in Sifnos, I suggest looking at Booking. They have a great range of where to stay in Sifnos and areas to consider staying include Apollonia, Kamares, and Platis Gialos.
- If you are traveling to Sifnos in the busiest time of summer, I advise reserving apartments in Sifnos at least a couple of months in advance. The best hotels in Sifnos include:
- Readers recommend visiting the following beaches in Sifnos: Apokofto, Kamares, Vathy, Seralia, Platis Gialos, Gialos, and Herronisos.
- One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. Although I recommend you book your Paros to Sifnos ferry tickets online in advance, you can use travel agencies throughout Greece once you are in the country.
- For more travel information about Sifnos, Paros and other Greek islands,more Greek islands sign up for my newsletter.
- Related travel post suggestion: Islands near Paros
How to make the journey from Paros to Sifnos FAQ
Questions about about traveling to Sifnos from Paros include:
How to get to Sifnos from Paros?
If you want to make a trip from Paros to Sifnos the best way is by using a ferry. There is at least one ferry a day, and on some days of the week two ferries per day sailing to Sifnos island from Paros.
Is there an airport on Sifnos?
There is no airport on the Greek island of Sifnos. The only way to travel to Sifnos is to take a ferry.
How long is the ferry ride from Paros to Sifnos?
The ferries to the Cyclades island of Sifnos from Paros take between 55 minutes and 3 hours. Ferry operators on the Paros Sifnos route may include SeaJets and Blue Star Ferries.
How can I buy tickets for the ferry to Sifnos?
The easiest way to get hold of ferry tickets in Greece is by using Ferryhopper. Although I recommend you book your Paros to Sifnos ferry tickets in advance, you might also go to a travel agency in Greece after you arrive.
Dave is a travel writer based in Athens, Greece. As well as creating this travel blog post about ferries from Paros to Sifnos, he's created many other Greek island travel guides. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: