In the summer, there is a daily ferry from Paros to Folegandros operated by SeaJets that takes about 5 hours and 55 minutes in duration. There may also be additional ferries from Paros to Folegandros throughout the week which are slightly faster.
Paros Folegandros Ferry Services
If you want to travel between the Cyclades islands of Paros and Folegandros during your vacation in Greece, the only way to do so is to take a ferry.
During the the months of June, July, August, and September, there is at least one ferry per day, and 2 or 3 times a week two daily ferries from Paros to Folegandros.
These ferries to Folegandros from Paros are provided by ferry operators SeaJets, and Blue Star Ferries.
Seajets Ferries to Folegandros from Paros
The SeaJets ferry schedule is pretty constant during the high season. In 2022, ferries depart Paros at 09.55 every morning, and arrive at Folegandros at 15.50.
Ticket prices for this ferry start at 59.80 Euro for passengers. The ferry is a smaller one, and does not take cars.
In addition to their daily ferry from Paros to Folegandros, SeaJets also provide a few more occasional crossings per week on another vessel called the Caldera Vista.
This additional ferry takes around 3 hours and 40 minutes to make the trip. Be warned that not only does this ferry sell out, but its schedule is not to be relied upon.
To look at schedules and book your ferry tickets use the Ferryhopper website.
Blue Star Ferries from Paros to Folegandros
Blue Star Ferries provide one crossing per week from Paros going to Folegandros. This is one of the slower conventional ferries and is the most likely to run through the off season as well.
Typically, this ferry (the Blue Star Artemis) sails on a Friday between Paros to Folegandros.
In 2022, this Folegandros ferry left Paros at 15.15 and arrived in port at Folegandros at 20.00 taking 4 hours and 45 minutes in duration.
This is definitely the boat to take if you want to save money – the passenger ticket prices start from just 8.00 Euro.
Folegandros Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting the island of Folegandros:
- From Paros Greece, ferries leave from the main port at Parikia. Aim to be there an hour before the ferry schedules say the ship departs in order to have buffer time for the busy traffic on Paros.
- Greek ferries arrive at Karavostasis port in Folegandros. Hotel owners may arrange to meet you at the port.
- For accommodation in Folegandros, I recommend Booking. They have a great selection of places to stay in Folegandros and areas to consider staying include Karavostasis, Chora, Agali, and Ano Meria. If you are traveling to Folegandros in the busy summer months, I advise reserving rooms to rent in Folegandros a few months or so in advance.
- I recommend visiting the following beaches in Folegandros: Agali, Livadaki, Agios Nikolaos, Katergo, and Vardia. Read my guide here: Hiking to Katergo Beach in Folegandros
- The Ferryhopper website is the best place to check ferry routes, timetables and book Greek ferry tickets online. I think it's better that you book your Paros to Folegandros ferry tickets in advance, especially during the tourist season.
- Take a look here for other islands you can visit near Paros in the Cyclades group.
- If you would like to find out more about Folegandros, Paros and other places in Greece, please sign up for my newsletter.
- Related travel post suggestion: Best things to do in Folegandros
How to take the journey from Paros to Folegandros FAQ
Readers sometimes ask these question about traveling to Folegandros from Paros include:
How do you get to Folegandros from Paros?
In order to from Paros to Folegandros the best way is to use a ferry. There is at least one Paros ferry per day going to Folegandros, and 2 or 3 times a week there are two daily ferries sailing to the Cyclades island of Folegandros from Paros.
Is there an airport on Folegandros?
The Greek island of Folegandros does not have an airport. You can only reach Folegandros by ferry.
How many hours is the ferry from Paros to Folegandros?
The ferries to the Greek island of Folegandros from Paros take between 3 hours and 40 minutes and 5 hours and 55 minutes. Ferry operators on the Paros Folegandros route may include SeaJets, and Blue Star Ferries.
Where do you get ferry tickets to Folegandros?
The easiest way to get hold of ferry tickets in Greece is by using Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book your Paros to Folegandros ferry tickets a couple of months in advance whenever possible.
Which ferry companies sail from Paros to Folegandros?
The ferry operators sailing between Paros and Folegandros include SeaJets and Blue Star Ferries.
In order to get to Folegandros from Paros, you have to take a ferry. There are multiple companies that provide this service, but SeaJets is the only company that provides both daily and weekly departures from Paros going to Folegandros. If you want cheaper fares, take the once a week Blue Star Ferries vessel at 8 Euro for one-way tickets.
Dave is a travel writer based in Athens, who spends his time traveling around and writing about Greece. In addition to writing this travel blog guide ferries from Paros to Folegandros, he's written hundreds of other insightful travel guides to Greek islands and destinations. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and Europe:
Leave a Reply