There are usually three weekly ferries from Syros to Sifnos during the summer tourist season operated by Blue Star Ferries. This guide has all the travel information, advice and tips you need to plan a trip to Sifnos from Syros island in Greece.
How to get from Syros to Sifnos
If you're planning to travel on to Sifnos directly after Syros during your Greece vacation, you'll be pleased to know that there are normally three ferries per week. Operated by Blue Star Ferries, during the summer of 2020, they left on Sundays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Whether or not these ferries will operate on the same days of the week during 2021 and 2022 depends a lot on the seasonal demand given travel restrictions in Europe and other parts of the world.
The quicker boat from Syros going to Sifnos takes around 3 hours and 20 minutes. The slowest ferry boat sailing to Sifnos from Syros island takes around 4 hours and 45 minutes.
If you want to check schedules and book tickets for the ferry online, check out Ferryhopper. Keep in mind that Greek ferry timetables are sometimes only available a month or two in advance.
Sifnos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting the island of Sifnos:
- Ferries leave from Ermoupoli port in Syros. Arriving ferries dock at Kamari port in Sifnos.
- For apartments in Sifnos, I recommend using Booking. They have a great range of rooms to rent in Sifnos and areas to consider staying include Platis Gialos, Kamares, and Apollonia. If you are traveling to Sifnos in the tourist season, I advise reserving where to stay in Sifnos a month or so in advance.
- Make sure to check out these beaches in Sifnos: Herronisos, Platis Gialos, Kamares, Apokofto, Vathy, Gialos, and Seralia.
- The easiest way to get hold of ferry tickets in Greece is by using Ferryhopper. Although I recommend you book your Syros to Sifnos ferry tickets in advance, especially during the peak months of summer.
- If you would like to find out more about Sifnos, Syros and more places in Greece please sign up for my newsletter.
You might also like to read:
- Greek islands in the Cyclades
- Greek islands with airports
- Best Greek islands for beaches
- Travel tips for visiting Greece
- Ferries in Greece
How to take a trip from Syros to Sifnos FAQ
A few of the frequently asked questions about traveling to Sifnos from Syros include:
How do I get to Sifnos from Syros?
If you want to travel from Syros to Sifnos the best way is to take a ferry. There are up to three ferries per week sailing to Sifnos from Syros.
Is there an airport in Sifnos?
The island of Sifnos is Greece does not have an airport. The nearest islands with an airport to Sifnos are Paros and Milos.
How long is the ferry crossing from Syros to Sifnos?
The ferries to Sifnos island from Syros take between 3 hours and 20 minutes and 4 hours and 45 minutes. Ferry operators on the Syros Sifnos route may include Blue Star Ferries.
Where can I buy tickets for the ferry to Sifnos?
I find that the Ferryhopper website is the best place to book ferry tickets online. Although I recommend you book your Syros to Sifnos ferry tickets in advance, you might also go to a travel agency in Greece after you arrive.
Dave is a travel writer originally from the UK, and now living in Greece. In addition to writing this travel blog post about ferries from Syros to Sifnos, he's created many other guides about Greek islands and destinations in Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: