There are 8 ferries a week sailing from Folegandros to Paros in Greece. SeaJets sails every day, and Blue Star Ferries once a week.
Folegandros Paros Ferry Route
The Greek island of Paros is a good destination to visit after spending time in Folegandros. Both islands are in the Cyclades group and are quite close to one another.
That said, the travel times between Folegandros and Paros are not as quick as you might think. This is because after leaving Folegandros, the Paros ferry makes stops at several other Cyclades islands along the way.
It is a direct ferry though, so no need to leave the boat. I find these extra island stops make a good opportunity to take photos of different Cyclades island ferry ports!
Ferry Operators Folegandros to Paros
Two different companies offer ferry connections between Folegandros and Paros. These are SeaJets and Blue Star Ferries.
Sea Jets Folegandros Paros
During the high season, the SeaJets ferry company provide a daily crossing from Folegandros to Paros island.
This service has the longest travel time at 6 hours and 40 minutes. It's also the most expensive – you can expect ticket prices for foot passengers to cost around 69.70 Euros.
Look at timetables, check the ticket price, and book online at Ferryhopper.
Blue Star Ferries Folegandros Paros
Blue Star Ferries offer a year round crossings between Folegandros and Paros. While they operate a conventional ferry, the journey time is actually quicker at 4 hours and 40 minutes. It only sails once a week though.
The Blue Star Ferries crossing is also cheaper. WAY cheaper! Ferry ticket prices for passengers start at just 8 Euros. Yes, you did read that right!
If you can organize your Cyclades archipelago island hopping trip to sail when Blue Star do (normally a Saturday), you'll save yourself some money.
The best place to look at up to date ferry schedules and book tickets online is Ferryhopper.
Paros Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for planning your itinerary and vacation on the Cyclades island of Paros:
- Ferry services leave from Karavostasis ferry port in Folegandros. Aim to be at the port at least a half an hour before departure.
- Ferries arrive at the main port, Parikia in Paros. Parikia is a good area to stay for first time visitors.
- Other areas to consider staying in Paros include Aliki, Chrissi Akti, Naousa, and Piso Livadi. Take a look at my insider's guide on Where to stay in Paros
- If you are traveling on the Folegandros ferry to Paros between June and September, I advise booking accommodation and hotels in Paros well in advance, as there are more tourists on the island at these times.
- For some quality beach time, head to these great beaches in Paros: Santa Maria, Kolymbithres, Logaras, Chrissi Akti, Pounda, Monastiri, and Agia Irini. I've a guide to the Best beaches in Paros you might like to read first!
- I find that the Ferryhopper website is the best place to look at ferry routes and book tickets online. I recommend you book your Folegandros to Paros ferry tickets in advance, especially if traveling during the the busiest months of summer in Greece.
- For more travel tips on islands near Folegandros, and other destinations in Greece, sign up for my newsletter.
- You might also like to read: Best things to do in Paros
How to make the journey from Folegandros to Paros FAQ
A few of the frequently asked questions about traveling to Paros from Folegandros include:
How can I get to Paros from Folegandros?
The only way to travel from Folegandros to Paros is to take a ferry. There are 8 ferries a week sailing to the island of Paros from Folegandros.
Which ferry companies sail from Folegandros to Paros
Ferries on the Folegandros to Paros route are currently operated by SeaJets (daily ferries in the high season), and Blue Star Ferries (one weekly ferry, year round).
How long is the ferry crossing from Folegandros to Paros?
The ferries to Paros island from Folegandros take between 4 hours and 40 minutes and 6 hours and 40 minutes. Ferry operators on the Folegandros Paros route may include SeaJets and Blue Star Ferries.
How can I buy tickets for the ferry to Paros?
The easiest way to get hold of ferry tickets in Greece is by using Ferryhopper. Although I recommend you book your Folegandros to Paros ferry tickets in advance, you might also go to a travel agency in Greece after you arrive.
Does Paros have an airport?
Paros does have an airport, but there are no flight connections with other islands. Paros only has flights with Athens and Thessaloniki.
Have you traveled between Folegandros island and Paros and have any tips to add? Do you have any questions on access to ferries, taking cars onboard, or anything else? Please leave a comment below!
Dave is a travel writer who spends his time traveling around and writing about Greece. As well as writing this travel guide about ferries from Folegandros to Paros, he's also written many more travel blogs about other islands in Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: