After visiting Folegandros island in Greece, you can continue you island hopping adventures to nearby places such as Sikinos, Milos, Kimolos, Ios, and Santorini.
Other Islands To Visit After Folegandros
If you plan to visit Folegandros, you might be interested in other islands to visit after your stay.
There are many places in the Cyclades islands you can travel to from Folegandros, although some make more sense than others! The most popular destinations to visit near Folegandros are Santorini, Sikinos, Milos, Kimolos, and Ios.
The only way you can get to any other Greek islands from Folegandros is by ferry boat as Folegandros has no airport. Up to date ferry schedules and a good place to buy tickets online can be found at Ferryhopper.
Many people plan their trip so they visit Santorini first, and then take a ferry to Folegandros after. The trip can be made the other way of course, and so Santorini is a good choice of island to visit after Folegandros.
Santorini is a much different Greek island than Folegandros. You will immediately find it busier and more commercial. It's still a beautiful place though, with the whitewashed buildings and blue domed churches offering the most photogenic views in the world!
There are normally one or two ferries from Folegandros to Santorini a day, operated by SeaJets, Zante Ferries and Maistros Santorini. The quickest crossing takes just an hour.
Check out my guide here: How to get from Folegandros to Santorini
If you are looking for one of the most laid back and quiet islands in Greece to visit after Folegandros, Sikinos fits the bill! Life on the island is going to be simple – choose which of the three beaches you want to spend the day on, go for a walk, enjoy a sunset meal at the winery. There's no must-do list to rush around checking off – a perfect place to take it easy.
Sikinos is the type of island you want to take all those books you've been meaning to read to. It's much quieter than Folegandros, and a real hidden gem!
Check out my guide here: How to get from Folegandros to Sikinos
This Greek island has something of a reputation as a party place for twenty somethings, but there is more to the island – honest! Ios has some amazing beaches, there's some historic sites, and the sunset views are out of this world.
Check out my guide here: How to get from Folegandros to Ios
Milos has a touch of the wild side about it, and is best explore by ATV rental or by hire car. This way you'll get to plenty of hidden beaches tucked down dirt roads. And there's over 80 beaches to find!
If you don't know much about Milos, why not check out my travel guide now available on Amazon!
Check out my ferry guide here: How to get from Folegandros to Milos
The tiny island of Kimolos is the neighbour to Milos, and is also worth considering when choosing where to go after Folegandros.
Kimolos is lower key than Milos, and has a more relaxing atmosphere. You could visit Kimolos on a day trip from Milos, but why not spend a couple of nights there and see if you love it as much as I do?
Check out my guide: How to get from Folegandros to Kimolos
Ferries from Folegandros to other Greek islands in the Cyclades
Whilst the closest island to Folegandros is Sikinos, you can to make the journey all the other Greek islands in the Cyclades by ferry.
Most of them can be reached by direct ferry – which means you stay on the same boat for the entire journey. One or two of them can not be reached directly, which means you need to swap ferries on another island, possibly staying overnight to do so.
If you ever want to take an indirect ferry in the Cyclades Islands, you'll find that Syros is a good island to make connections, as it is the capital of the Cyclades.
Island Hopping From Folegandros in Greece
Here's my dedicated travel guides on getting from Folegandros to other destinations in the Cyclades:
- How to get from Folegandros to Amorgos
- How to get from Folegandros to Anafi
- How to get from Folegandros to Andros
- How to get from Folegandros to Antiparos
- How to get from Folegandros to Donoussa
- How to get from Folegandros to Iraklia
- How to get from Folegandros to Kea
- How to get from Folegandros to Koufonisia
- How to get from Folegandros to Kythnos
- How to get from Folegandros to Mykonos
- How to get from Folegandros to Naxos
- How to get from Folegandros to Paros
- How to get from Folegandros to Schinoussa
- How to get from Folegandros to Serifos
- How to get from Folegandros to Sifnos
- How to get from Folegandros to Syros
- How to get from Folegandros to Thirasia
- How to get from Folegandros to Tinos
Note: As a general rule, the faster the ferry, the more expensive the ticket may be. The simplest place to look at schedules for Greek ferries is at the Ferryhopper website.
Folegandros Island Hopping Tips
A few travel tips when taking ferries from Folegandros:
- I find that the Ferryhopper website is the best place to book ferry tickets online. Although I think it's better to book your Folegandros ferry tickets in advance, especially during the the months of July, August, and September.
- For more travel information about other Greek islands in the Cyclades, Folegandros and other destinations in Greece, please subscribe to my newsletter.
- Try to be at your departure port a half hour before your boat is due to leave
- For hotels in Greece, I recommend looking at Booking. They have a great selection of accommodation in other Greek islands in the Cyclades that is easy to find. If you are traveling to the Greek islands in the busiest time of summer, I advise reserving where to stay in your desired destination a month or so in advance.
How to travel from Folegandros to other Greek islands in the Cyclades FAQ
A few of the frequently asked questions about traveling to other Greek islands in the Cyclades from Folegandros include:
How can you get to other Greek islands in the Cyclades from Folegandros?
There's no airport on Folegandros, and so the only way to travel to other Greek islands is by ferry.
Where is Folegandros island in Greece?
Folegandros is an island in the Cyclades group of islands, located in the Aegean Sea.
Where can I buy tickets for the ferry to other Greek islands in the Cyclades?
One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. Although I think it's better to book your Folegandros to other Greek islands in the Cyclades ferry tickets in advance, you might also prefer to use a travel agency in Greece when you have arrived.
Dave is a travel writer who has been based in Greece since 2015. As well as creating this travel blog post about ferries from Folegandros to other Greek islands in the Cyclades, he's written many more travel blog posts about destinations in Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: