There are up to 5 ferries per week sailing from Paros to Kimolos island in Greece. Blue Star Ferries is slightly quicker than the SeaJets vessel, taking 4 hours and 15 minutes for the crossing between Paros and Kimolos.
How to get from Paros to Kimolos
If you want to go to Kimolos directly after spending time on Paros, the only way to do so is to take a ferry.
These two islands in the Cyclades group are reasonably well connected during the tourist season, with up to 5 ferries per week.
Ferries to Kimolos from Paros are operated by Blue Star Ferries and SeaJets. Blue Star Ferries offer the fastest option.
If you want to check schedules and book tickets for the ferry online, check out Ferryhopper.
Blue Star Ferries to Kimolos from Paros
In 2021, Blue Star Ferries use their vessel “Artemis” on the Paros Kimolos route.
Their quickest ferry from Paros going to Kimolos takes around 4 hours and 15 minutes which leaves at 08.15 in the morning twice a week.
Blue Star also have one weekly afternoon sailing from Paros to Kimolos leaving at 15.15. It's a slower boat at 7 hours and 25 minutes.
Price for tickets start at just 10.00 Euro.
Use Ferryhopper for booking ferry tickets in Greece online.
SeaJets Ferries from Paros to Kimolos
SeaJets normally only add their ferry services between Paros and Kimolos in July and August when demand is highest.
In 2021 they sailed twice a week. You can expect ticket prices on SeaJets to be much higher.
The Paros to Kimolos SeaJets normally takes around 6 hours and 25 minutes.
Kimolos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting Kimolos after Paros:
Things to do in Kimolos Island Greece
Where to eat in Kimolos – Restaurants and Tavernas
Goupa Village in Kimolos, Cyclades Islands, Greece
- Ferries sail from the main ferry port, Parikia in Paros. Arriving ferries dock at the main port, Psathi in Kimolos.
- For accommodation in Kimolos, I recommend looking at Booking. They have a great choice of places to stay in Kimolos and areas to consider staying include Aliki, Psathi, Kalamitsi, and Chorio.
- If you are traveling to Kimolos in the high season, I strongly suggest reserving rooms to rent in Kimolos a couple of months or so in advance. Take a look at my guide: Where to stay in Kimolos.
- Spend time on some of the top rated beaches in Kimolos: Dekas, Psathi, Bonatsa, Kalamitsi, Soufli, Mavrospilia, and Aliki. Find out more about the beaches here: Best Beaches in Kimolos island, Greece
- The easiest way to get hold of ferry tickets in Greece is by using Ferryhopper. I recommend you book your Paros to Kimolos ferry tickets in advance, especially during the height of summer.
- For other travel tips and itinerary ideas about Kimolos, Paros and more places in Greece please subscribe to my newsletter.
- I've written a guidebook to Milos and Kimolos now available on Amazon: Milos and Kimolos Island Guide
How to make a trip from Paros to Kimolos FAQ
A few of the questions readers ask about traveling to Kimolos from Paros include:
How do you get to Kimolos from Paros?
You can only travel between Kimolos and Paros islands by ferry. There are up to 5 ferries per week in summer sailing to the Greek island of Kimolos from Paros.
Is there an airport in Kimolos?
The Greek island of Kimolos does not have its own airport. The closest airport is on the next door island of Milos, which has regular flight connections with Athens.
How long is the ferry crossing from Paros to Kimolos?
The ferries to the Cyclades island of Kimolos from Paros take between 4 hours and 15 minutes and 6 hours and 25 minutes. Ferry operators on the Paros Kimolos route may include Blue Star Ferries and SeaJets.
Where do you get ferry tickets to Kimolos?
One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. Although I recommend you book your Paros to Kimolos ferry tickets in advance, you might also prefer to use a travel agency in Greece when you have arrived.
Paros Kimolos Ferry Route
If you want to go on a ferry from Paros to Kimolos, there are up to 5 ferries per week with different ferry companies. Blue Star Ferries has slightly quicker travel times sailing between these two Cyclades islands than SeaJets. If you need help figuring out which direct ferry would be best for your next trip, use Ferryhopper's online tool that compares journey times and prices across all Greek ferries. Once you've booked your ticket, make sure to check out the travel tips we have compiled about what else is worth seeing while visiting this beautiful island!
Dave is a travel writer living in and writing about Greece. In addition to writing this travel blog guide ferries from Paros to Kimolos, he's created hundred's more travel guides. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: