There are 2 – 3 ferries per day sailing from Paros to Amorgos in Greece during the tourist season. During the low season, this is normally reduced to one ferry every day or two. This guide shows you how to take the ferry between Paros and Amorgos islands.
Planning a trip by ferry from Paros to Amorgos
The two Cyclades islands of Paros and Amorgos are well connected by Greek ferry services.
During the tourists season (May through until October), you can expect 2-3 ferries per day sailing the Paros Amorgos route.
The quickest ferry from Paros going to Amorgos takes around 2 hours and 10 minutes. The slow ferry sailing to Amorgos from Paros island takes around 4 hours.
These ferries to Amorgos from Paros are operated by the ferry companies Blue Star Ferries and SeaJets.
Even during the off season it is possible to get a ferry to Amorgos from Paros, although the crossing frequency is reduced to just one every day or so.
You can check for up to date schedules, and book ferry tickets online here: Ferryhopper
Important – Amorgos has two ferry ports!
Amorgos is one of those Greek islands that has two ferry ports. These are Katapola and Aegiali.
As these two ferry ports are on opposite ends of the island, you need to make sure your ferry from Paros arrives in the port nearest your accommodation!
The ferry port with the most connections (by far) is Katapola. There are around 13 ferries per week sailing from Paros to Amorgos Katapola port in summer.
By contrast, there are around 4 ferries per week sailing from Paros to Amorgos Aegiali in summer.
Check out Paros – Amorgos timetables here: Ferryhopper
Blue Star Ferries are normally cheaper than SeaJets on the Paros to Amorgos ferry crossing.
Amorgos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting the Greek island of Amorgos:
- Ferry services depart from the main port, Parikia in Paros. Ferries arrive at Katapola and Aegiali ports in Amorgos.
- The best areas to stay in Amorgos include Katapola, Egiali / Aegiali, and Chora. If you are traveling to Amorgos in the high season, you should aim to book your hotel a few months in advance.
- Look for a hotel with a good reputation. Read reviews from other guests to get an idea of what it is like to stay there.
These Amorgos hotels are worth looking at:
- Aelia Studios
- Vigla Hotel
- Theasis Suites
- Amorgion Hotel
- Plori Studios and Apartments
- Villa Fenia
- Vorina Ktismata
- Saint George Valsamitis Superior
- The Big Blue
- ÎŸasis Apartments
- For some quality beach time, head to these beautiful beaches in Amorgos: Agios Pavlos, Agia Anna, Levrosos, Psili Ammos, Egiali, Mouros, and Kalotaritissa. Read my guide on the best things to do in Amorgos.
- One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. I think it's better to book your Paros to Amorgos ferry tickets in advance, especially during the the months of July, August, and September when some crossings may sell out.
- What they don't tell you: The Meltemi winds in August can make ferry travel and interesting experience!
- If you are interested in more information about Amorgos, Paros and other places in Greece, please sign up for my newsletter.
- Related travel post suggestion: Things to do in Paros, Greece – The Complete Guide!
How to make the trip from Paros to Amorgos FAQ
Readers sometimes ask these question about traveling to Amorgos from Paros:
How do I get to Amorgos from Paros?
In order to go to from Paros to Amorgos the best way is by taking a ferry. There are up to 2 – 3 ferries a day sailing to the island of Amorgos from Paros.
Is there an airport on Amorgos?
The island of Amorgos in Greece does not have an airport. The closest airport to Amorgos is on the island of Naxos.
How long is the ferry from Paros to Amorgos?
The ferries to the Cyclades island of Amorgos from Paros take between 2 hours and 10 minutes and 4 hours. Ferry operators on the Paros Amorgos route may include Blue Star Ferries and SeaJets.
Where do you get ferry tickets to Amorgos?
The easiest way to get hold of ferry tickets in Greece is by using Ferryhopper. Although I think it's better to book your Paros to Amorgos ferry tickets in advance, you might also go to a travel agency in Greece after you arrive.
You might also want to read:
- How to get to Paros
- Where to stay in Paros
- Best beaches in Paros
- Islands near Paros
- Best islands in the Cyclades
Paros Amorgos Ferry Schedules
In summary: Ferry travel between Paros and Amorgos is very popular, with up to 3 ferries per day sailing during the summer months. There are a few things to keep in mind when making the trip, such as reserving accommodation in advance if traveling during busy periods. Also check if your ferry is Paros to Katapola or Paros to Aegiali.
An up to date ferry schedule for the Amorgos trips which includes travel times can be found at Ferryhopper, which is a great resource. You can book online a ticket there as well.
I hope these tips for how to get from Paros to Amorgos and visiting the Greek islands of Paros or Amorgos have been helpful. Do you have a preference for which ferry company to use when island hopping in Greece, or questions about Amorgos or other islands? Leave a comment below!
Dave is a travel writer who has been based in Greece since 2015. In addition to writing this blog post about ferries from Paros to Amorgos, he's written hundreds of other insightful travel guides to Greek islands and destinations. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: