There are normally at least two ferries per day sailing from Syros to Paros island in Greece, with the travel time taking less than one and a half hours.
How to get from Syros to Paros
Although both Syros and Paros islands have airports, it is not currently possible to fly between these two Greek islands. Instead, the only way to travel from Syros to Paros is by ferry.
During the peak travel season (June to October), you can expect up to 2 ferries per day, and on some days 3 ferries from Syros to Paros.
These ferries to Paros from Syros are operated by SeaJets and Blue Star Ferries.
You can see the latest ferry schedule and timetables at Ferryhopper.
Ferries to Paros from Syros
The quicker boat from Syros going to Paros takes around 1 hour. The slowest ferry boat sailing to Paros from Syros island takes around 1 hour and 20 minutes.
There may be a random boat or two that takes longer than this, but generally speaking, the travel time between these two Cyclades islands is less than one and a half hours.
My preference is to use the Blue Star Ferries boats whenever possible. This is because they are larger vessels, and I find they sail more smoothly when the sea is rough. (See Meltemi winds for why!). Blue Star Ferries also have the best price for passengers and cars.
If there is a significant difference between how long the ferry journey takes, you can expect the quicker boat to be more expensive. I've seen tickets start from as low as 6.60 Euro in the off-season. You should probably allow around 14 Euro during the summer,
The simplest place to look at schedules for Greek ferries and for up to date prices on the dates you want to travel is at the Ferryhopper website.
Paros Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for planning an itinerary and visiting the Greek island of Paros:
- Ferry services depart from the port at Ermoupoli in Syros and you should be at the ferry port at least a half an hour before departure.
- Arriving ferries dock at the main port, Parikia in Paros.
- For hotels in Paros, I recommend checking out my guide on where to stay on Paros. They have a great choice of apartments in Paros and areas to consider staying include Chrissi Akti, Piso Livadi, Naousa, Parikia, and Aliki. If you are traveling to Paros in the tourist season, I advise reserving where to stay in Paros a month or so in advance.
- When you explore the island, spend time on some of the top rated beaches in Paros: Pounda, Agia Irini, Logaras, Santa Maria, Monastiri, Chrissi Akti, and Kolymbithres.
- If you want to visit Antiparos when you are on Paros islands, check out my guide on ferries from Paros to Antiparos.
- Ferryhopper is perhaps the easiest site to use when it comes to searching for ferry routes and booking Ferry tickets online. I think it's better that you book your Syros to Paros ferry tickets in advance, especially during the the high season.
- If you would like to find out more about Paros, Syros and other Greek islands please sign up for my newsletter.
- Related blog post suggestion: Things to do in Paros, Greece – The Complete Guide!
How to get from Syros to Paros FAQ
Some commonly asked questions about the ferry route for traveling to Paros from Syros include:
How do we get to Paros from Syros?
The only way to make a journey from Syros to Paros is by taking a ferry. There are up to 2 ferries per day, and on some days 3 ferries sailing to the Cyclades island of Paros from Syros.
Is there an airport on Paros?
Even though Paros island has an airport, flights between the islands of Syros and Paros is not an option.
How many hours is the ferry from Syros to Paros?
The ferries to Paros from Syros take between 1 hour and 1 hour and 20 minutes. Ferry operators on the Syros Paros route may include SeaJets and Blue Star Ferries.
Where do I buy ferry tickets to Paros?
The easiest way to get hold of ferry tickets in Greece is by using Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book your Syros to Paros ferry tickets in advance, you might also prefer to use a travel agency in Greece when you have arrived.
Greek ferries are a convenient and affordable way to travel between the Cyclades islands. In this article, we've provided information about the Syros to Paros ferry route, including schedules and which ferry companies sail to the destination of Paros. We've also included a FAQ section for some commonly asked questions about the ferry journey. The easiest way to book your tickets before your vacation is online using Ferryhopper, and we advise booking in advance during high season.
Dave is a travel writer who has been living in Greece and writing about the country since 2015. As well as writing this travel blog post about ferries from Syros to Paros, he's also written hundreds more travel guides to Greek destinations. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: