There are four ferries from Milos to Syros per week during the summer tourist season. Taking between 4 and a half and 9 hours, Blue Star Ferries is the main operator on the Syros Milos route.
How to get from Syros to Milos
Although both Syros and Milos islands in the Cyclades of Greece have airports, the only way you can travel between the two is by ferry.
These weekly ferries are all operated by Blue Star Ferries, but the travel times for each departure do vary. This is because the ferries take a slightly different route each day, visiting different islands along the way.
As a result, the fastest ferry from Syros going to Milos takes around 4 hours and 45 minutes. The slowest ferry boat sailing to Milos from Syros island takes around 9 hours and 20 minutes.
Ticket prices for the Syros Milos route are quite reasonable, starting from just 12.50 Euro during the off-season. During the more popular summer months, the ferry ticket prices may go up a little more.
The simplest place to look at schedules for Greek ferries is at the Ferryhopper website.
Indirect Ferries to Milos from Syros
For many travelers, the direct ferries from Syros to Milos may not have convenient timings. If this applies to you, it might be worth spending some time looking at indirect ferry crossings to Milos from Syros.
Typically, this would involve swapping ferries on another island such as Paros. These guides might prove useful if it sounds like an indirect island-hopping route to Milos island from Syros might work for you.
- Syros to Paros ferries
- Paros to Milos ferries
Milos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting Milos:
- For places to stay in Milos, I recommend Booking. They have a great choice of where to stay in Milos and areas to consider staying include Paleochori, Plaka, Pollonia, and Adamas. I advise reserving hotels in Milos a month or so in advance. Check out my guide on where to stay in Milos for more details.
- For some quality beach time, head to these beaches in Milos: Sarakiniko, Agia Kyriaki, Kastanas, Achivadolimni, Kleftiko, Firopotamos, and Thiorichia.
- I find that the Ferryhopper website is the best place to book ferry tickets online. Although I think it's better to book your Syros to Milos ferry tickets in advance, especially during the the busiest months of summer, you can also use local ticket agencies.
- For further travel information about Milos, Syros and more destinations in Greece, subscribe to my newsletter.
- You might also like to read: Best beaches in Milos
How to take a trip from Syros to Milos FAQ
Questions that people ask about traveling to Milos from Syros include:
How can you get to Milos from Syros?
The easiest way to travel from Syros to Milos is to take a ferry. There are up to 4 ferries per week sailing to the Greek island of Milos from Syros.
Is there an airport in Milos?
Milos is one of the few Greek islands to have an airport. Currently, Milos airport only has connections with Athens airport.
How long is the ferry crossing from Syros to Milos?
The ferries to the island of Milos from Syros take between 4 hours and 45 minutes and 9 hours and 20 minutes. Ferry operators on the Syros Milos route may include Blue Star Ferries.
Where do I buy ferry tickets to Milos?
The best place to look at Greek ferries online is Ferryhopper. Although I think it's better to book your Syros to Milos ferry tickets in advance, you could also use a local ferry travel agency in Greece.
Dave is a travel writer based in Greece As well as creating this guide to ferries from Syros to Milos, he's also written hundreds more travel guides to Greek destinations. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: