There are 4 direct ferries per week from Syros to Kimolos island in Greece. Blue Star Ferries provide the Syros Kimolos ferry service, taking between 4 and a half and 8 hours for the journey.
How to get from Syros to Kimolos
If you want to travel to Kimolos island in Greece after Syros, you have two options. The first is to take a direct ferry, and the second is to take an indirect ferry via another island.
The simplest way is to take a direct ferry, and these are provided four times a week during the summer months by Blue Star Ferries.
Their travel times do vary though, depending on which day of the week they sail. This is because the route from Syros to Kimolos varies, and on some days includes stops at more additional islands than on other days.
The quicker boat from Syros going to Kimolos takes around 4 and a half hours. The slow ferry sailing to Kimolos from Syros island takes around 8 hours and 10 minutes.
Normally, quicker Greek ferries have more expensive tickets, but on this route from Syros to Kimolos you might expect the ticket prices to be about the same. During the off season, ticket prices start from around 12.50 Euros. In the summer, they may be slightly more expensive.
If you want to check schedules and book tickets for the ferry online, check out Ferryhopper.
Indirect Ferries to Kimolos from Syros
If you find that the four ferries per week do not give you enough flexibility in your travel plans, you might also consider taking an indirect ferry between the two islands.
Typically, this means sailing from Syros to an island in between, swapping ferries, and then continuing on to Kimolos on a different boat.
You should be aware that whilst sometimes you might have great connections which make the journey worthwhile, it will be more expensive. Other islands in the Cyclades you could look at going via include Milos, Paros, and perhaps Naxos.
Relevant guides are shown below.
- Syros to Milos ferry
- Syros to Paros ferry
- Ferries from Syros to Naxos
- Milos to Kimolos by ferry
- Paros to Kimolos by ferry
- Naxos to Kimolos by ferry
Usually, the quicker boats also have more expensive ticket costs. I've a full guide here to all the ferries from Syros to other Cyclades islands.
Kimolos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting the Cyclades island of Kimolos:
- Ferry services leave from Ermoupoli port in Syros. Ferries arrive at the main port, Psathi in Kimolos.
- For where to stay in Kimolos, I suggest looking at Booking. They have a great selection of hotels in Kimolos and areas to consider staying include Kalamitsi, Chorio, Psathi, and Aliki (I prefer to stay in this area). If you are traveling to Kimolos in the peak travel season, I advise reserving apartments in Kimolos a month or so in advance. There's a guide here on where to stay in Kimolos
- Beach lovers recommend these beaches in Kimolos: Aliki, Mavrospilia, Kalamitsi, Bonatsa, Soufli, Psathi, and Dekas. Check out my full travel guide to Kimolos island in Greece.
- One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book your Syros to Kimolos ferry tickets in advance, especially during the the months of July, August, and September.
- For further travel insights on Kimolos, Syros and more destinations in Greece, please sign up for my newsletter.
- Related video suggestion: Hiking to Skiadi Rock in Kimolos
How to travel from Syros to Kimolos FAQ
Questions that people ask about traveling to Kimolos from Syros include:
How can we get to Kimolos from Syros?
If you want to take a trip from Syros to Kimolos the best way is by taking a ferry. There are up to 4 ferries per week sailing directly to the island of Kimolos from Syros.
Is there an airport in Kimolos?
The Greek island of Kimolos does not have an airport. The closest island with an airport to Kimolos is Milos island.
How long is the ferry crossing from Syros to Kimolos?
The ferries to Kimolos from Syros take between 4 and a half hours and 8 hours and 10 minutes. Ferry operators on the Syros Kimolos route may include Blue Star Ferries.
Where do you get ferry tickets to Kimolos?
The best place to look at Greek ferries online is Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book your Syros to Kimolos ferry tickets in advance, but you could also wait until you are in Greece, and use one of the many ticket and travel agencies.
Dave is a travel writer from the UK but living in Greece since 2015. In addition to writing this travel blog guide ferries from Syros to Kimolos, he's written many more guides to Greece and the islands. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond:
Leave a Reply