There are normally three ferries per week sailing from Syros to Folegandros island in Greece during the summer months operated by SeaJets and Blue Star Ferries. This guide shows you how to arrange ferry tickets, provides travel tips, and more!
Folegandros island in Greece
Folegandros is one of the up and coming destinations in the Cyclades island chain in Greece. Much lower key than more famous destinations such as Santorini, it offers a relaxed, friendly atmosphere for travelers who are prepared to spend a few hours reaching Folegandros by ferry.
If you're planning to visit Folegandros directly after Syros, you'll be pleased to know that there are three direct ferries per week during the summer tourist season. These ferries to Folegandros from Syros are operated by SeaJets and Blue Star Ferries.
Ferries from Syros to Folegandros
The fastest ferry from Syros going to Folegandros takes around three hours and forty minutes. The slowest ferry boat sailing to Folegandros from Syros island takes around seven and a half hours.
You can generally expect faster ferries to have more expensive tickets prices. The best place to look at up to date schedules and book tickets online is Ferryhopper.
If you feel that the ferry frequency doesn't give you enough flexibility in your travel plans, you could also put together an indirect route via a third island. Some islands to consider taking the indirect route, and swapping ferries at, include Sifnos, Paros and Naxos.
Folegandros Island Travel Tips
- Ferries leave from Ermoupoli port in Syros. Ferries arrive at Karavostasis port in Folegandros.
- For accommodation in Folegandros, have a look at Booking. They have a great range of rooms to rent in Folegandros and areas to consider staying include Ano Meria, Karavostasis, Agali, and Chora. If you are traveling to Folegandros in the peak travel season, I advise reserving where to stay in Folegandros a month or so in advance. Check out: Where to stay in Folegandros
- For some quality beach time, head to these beaches in Folegandros: Katergo, Agali, Vardia, Agios Nikolaos, and Livadaki. I really enjoyed the hike to Katergo Beach. You can read about it here: Hiking to Katergo Beach in Folegandros.
- The easiest way to get hold of ferry tickets in Greece is by using Ferryhopper. Although I think it's better to book your Syros to Folegandros ferry tickets in advance, especially during the busy summer months.
- For further travel insights on Folegandros, Syros and other Greek islands subscribe to my newsletter.
- You might also like to check out my video on: Hiking to Livadaki Beach in Folegandros
How to travel from Syros to Folegandros FAQ
A few of the questions readers ask about traveling to Folegandros from Syros include:
How can you get to Folegandros from Syros?
The best way to take a trip from Syros to Folegandros is by ferry. There are up to 3 ferries per week sailing to the Greek island of Folegandros from Syros. It is not possible to fly from Syros to Folegandros.
Is there an airport on Folegandros?
The island of Folegandros in Greece does not have an airport. The closest islands with airports to Folegandros are Milos and Santorini which both have flight connections with Athens.
How many hours is the ferry from Syros to Folegandros?
The ferries to the Cyclades island of Folegandros from Syros take between three hours and forty minutes and seven and a half hours. Ferry operators on the Syros Folegandros route may include SeaJets and Blue Star Ferries.
Where do you get ferry tickets to Folegandros?
One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. Although I think it's better to book your Syros to Folegandros ferry tickets in advance, you could also wait until you are in Greece, and use a travel agency.