There is one ferry per day sailing from Milos to Amorgos in the summer months operated by the SeaJets ferry company.
How to get from Milos to Amorgos
If you're planning to travel to the Greek island of Amorgos directly after Milos, you're in luck. There is one direct ferry per day sailing from Milos to Amorgos during the tourist season.
Of course, this may change from year to year, so it's always advisable to leave your travel plans a little flexible up until the final weeks before you travel.
You can check the latest schedules and ticket prices for the route Milos to Amorgos at Ferryscanner.
You should note that even though Milos has an airport, flying between Milos and Amorgos is not possible.
Milos Amorgos Ferry Route
In the tourist season (roughly middle of April to the middle of October), SeaJets operate a daily crossing from Milos to Amorgos on their highspeed ferries. In 2022 the journey times for the crossing take around 3.5 hours and costs approximately 105 Euros – that's up from 70 Euros the previous year!!
Note that Amorgos has two ferry ports which are Katapola and Aegiali. The Milos Amorgos ferry usually arrives in Katapola – but do double check that as you book!
The best place to look at up to date schedules and book tickets online is: Ferryscanner.
Note: They have a pretty good refund policy which is great news when booking travel tickets in these current times! Do your due diligence though, and check terms and conditions before booking them.
Amorgos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting the island of Amorgos:
- Be at the ferry port in Milos at least a half an hour before the scheduled departure of your boat.
- For hotels in Amorgos, I recommend using Booking. They have a great selection of accommodation in Amorgos and areas to consider staying include Katapola, Egiali / Aegiali, and Chora. If you are traveling to Amorgos in the the busiest months of summer, I advise reserving places to stay in Amorgos a month or so in advance.
- The easiest way to get hold of ferry tickets for trips in Greece is by using Ferryhopper. Although I think it's better to book your Milos to Amorgos ferry tickets in advance, especially during the height of the tourist season, you can always wait until you are in Greece and use a travel agent. You might even find out about routes and crossings not on the Ferryhopper site.
- Take a look at my travel planning guide on the best Things to do in Amorgos
- For more travel tips on Amorgos, Milos and other places in Greece, please sign up for my newsletter.
- Related blog post suggestion: Best Greek islands for beaches
How to get from Milos to Amorgos FAQ
Some commonly asked questions about traveling to Amorgos from Milos include:
Can I take a ferry to Amorgos from Milos?
During the tourist season in Greece, there is one daily ferry sailing from Milos island to Amorgos. If direct ferries are not available, it is possible to put together an indirect route by going via a third island such as Paros or Naxos.
How many hours is the ferry from Milos to Amorgos?
The ferries to the Greek island of Amorgos from Milos take around 3 hours and 35 minutes. Ferry operators on the Milos Amorgos route may include SeaJets.
How do I buy ferry tickets to Amorgos?
The best place to look at Greek ferries online is Ferryhopper. Although I think it's better to book your Milos to Amorgos ferry tickets in advance, you could also wait until you are in Greece, and use a travel agency.
Traveling to other islands from Milos
In addition to Amorgos, you can travel to all the other islands in the Cyclades. Here's a few guides to get you started:
- Milos to Andros
- Milos to Antiparos
- How to get from Milos to Folegandros
- How to get from Milos to Ios
- Milos to Kimolos ferry
- How to get from Milos to Mykonos
- How to get from Milos to Naxos
- Milos to Paros
- How to get from Milos to Santorini
- How to get from Milos to Sifnos
- Milos to Sikinos
- How to get from Milos to Syros
- How to get from Milos to Thirasia
- Milos to Tinos
Dave is a travel writer who has been based in Greece since 2015. In addition to writing this guide about ferries from Milos to Amorgos, he's written hundreds more guides to other popular destinations in the Cyclades islands and Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: