There are up to 5 Milos to Sifnos ferry crossings per day during the summer months, taking between 40 minutes and 2 hours to sail the Milos Sifnos route.
Visiting Sifnos after Milos
It has to be said, that there are fewer islands easier to reach from Milos than Sifnos. It's probably to do with how the ferry routes work between other islands, but as a result there are up to 5 Milos Sifnos ferries per day during the summer months.
Is Sifnos worth visiting though?
It sure is! It's become something of a gastronomical attraction over the last few years (the food is amazing!), and has a perfect balance of low-key nightlife, great beaches, and Cycladic beauty.
If you're looking for a Greek island to get away from the crowds after leaving Milos, Sifnos might make an excellent choice. It's not as quiet as somewhere like Sikinos, but worlds apart from the likes of Mykonos and Santorini.
How to get from Milos to Sifnos
Even though Milos has an airport, flying from between Milos and Sifnos is not possible. The Milos airport only connects with Athens, and Sifnos doesn't have an airport at all.
This means that you'll be island hopping by ferry between Milos and Sifnos, but it's a really short journey so it won't eat into much of your vacation time.
Note that ferries to Sifnos from Milos usually leave from the main Adamas port rather than Pollonia, but double check after you've booked your tickets just in case!
Ferries to Sifnos from Milos
During the peak months of summer, you might expect ferries to depart up to 5 times per day from Milos to Sifnos. Ferries to Sifnos from Milos are operated by Seajets, Zante Ferries, Blue Star Ferries, and Aegean Speedlines.
The quickest ferry from Milos going to Sifnos takes around 40 minutes on a SeaJets vessel. These are normally the more expensive tickets.
The slowest ferry sailing to Sifnos from Milos island takes around 2 hours and 10 minutes, and should be a touch cheaper.
The best place to look at up to date schedules and book tickets online is Ferryhopper. Milos to Sifnos ferry timetables are normally uploaded a couple of months in advance.
Sifnos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting Sifnos island:
- For hotels in Sifnos, I recommend using Booking. The best areas to stay in Sifnos depending on how long you will be on the island are Kamares, Apollonia, Kastro, and Platys Gialos. If you are traveling to Sifnos in the busiest months of summer, I advise reserving places to stay in Sifnos a month or so in advance.
- The easiest way to get hold of ferry tickets in Greece is by using Ferryhopper. Although I think it's better to book your Milos to Sifnos ferry tickets in advance, especially during the height of the tourist season, you can also use travel agencies and booking agents once in the country. There is normally a booking agent in or near each port on a Greek island as well as in the main towns.
- For more travel tips on Sifnos, Milos and other places in Greece, please sign up for my newsletter.
- Travel blog post suggestion: Best Greek islands for beaches
What to see in Sifnos Greece
There's more to Sifnos than meets the eye, and for a relatively small island you'll need more time than you think to see it all.
If you're content with spending just a day or two on the island, you'll probably just end up going to the beaches, exploring a village or two, and enjoy incredible food at night.
If you're in Sifnos for a week, you might perhaps want to expand on your experiences:
- Explore Kastro and Apollonia Villages
- Check out the Sifnos churches
- Find your favourite beaches
- Visit a museum or two
- Take a look at the ancient towers of Sifnos
- Spend time at an archaeological site
- Take photos of the Windmills of Sifnnos
- Discover the Pottery heritage of Sifnos
- Use the hiking trails
How to get from Milos to Sifnos FAQ
Some commonly asked questions about traveling to Sifnos from Milos include:
How do you get to Sifnos from Milos?
The only way to make a journey from Milos to Sifnos is by ferry. There are up to up to 5 times per day sailing to the Cyclades island of Sifnos from Milos.
Does Sifnos have an airport?
The Greek island of Sifnos does not have an airport. The closest airport is on the nearby island of Milos, which has connections with Athens.
How many hours is the ferry from Milos to Sifnos?
The ferries to Sifnos from Milos take between 40 minutes and 2 hours and 10 minutes. Ferry operators on the Milos Sifnos route may include Seajets, Zante Ferries, Blue Star Ferries, and Aegean Speedlines.
How do I buy ferry tickets to Sifnos?
The best place to look at Greek ferries online is Ferryhopper. Although I think it's better to book your Milos to Sifnos ferry tickets in advance, you could also wait until you are in Greece, and use a travel agency.
Travel Guides To Greece
You might also be interested in these other travel guides:
- Milos Travel Guide
- Where to stay in Milos
- Best things to do in Milos
- Best day trips in Milos
- Where to eat – Best restaurants in Milos
- Best beaches in Milos
- Sarakiniko Beach in Milos
- Kleftiko Milos
- The most awesome Milos boat tour
- Ferries from Milos to other Cyclades islands
- Athens to Sifnos by ferry
Dave is a travel writer who has been living in Greece and writing about the country since 2015. As well as creating this guide to ferries from Milos to Sifnos, he's created many other guides about Greek islands and destinations in Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: