How to Transfer Contacts from a Samsung Galaxy S2 to a Samsung Galaxy S4
One of the first things that I wanted to do after getting my new phone, was to transfer contacts from a Samsung Galaxy S2 to a Samsung Galaxy S4. As many other phone owners are upgrading their contracts from an S2 to an S4, I thought that it would be a good idea to write this short guide about how to transfer contacts from a Samsung Galaxy S2 to a Samsung Galaxy S4. Although there are a couple of different methods that can be used, by far the simplest and the quickest is to do the contacts transfer using Bluetooth. If you haven’t used Bluetooth before, don’t panic, its the easiest thing in the world! (By the way, this method works with all Android Bluetooth enabled phones).
My new Samsung Galaxy S4 – Admittedly not a great photo, but it does give a size comparison next my wallet (now empty!!)
A slightly more professional photo of the Samsung Galaxy S4 !!
1. First of all, turn on the Bluetooth for both phones by swiping down from the top of the screen, and then pressing the Bluetooth icon. You will then need to swipe up from the bottom of both phones to access the “settings” menu, where you will need to make both phones discoverable. They should soon find each other, and you can then pair them up.
2. After that, go into the old Android phone/ S2 where you should Go to Phone>Contacts>Menu>Import/Export>Send namecard via
3. At this point, a list of all your contacts is presented, and you will need to tap on Select All Contacts
4. When these are checked, you should then Select Bluetooth> and then select your new Galaxy S4 phone
5. This will then transmit a small file from the old S2 phone through to the new Samsung Galaxy S4 phone called a vcf or vCard.
6. On the new phone, you then simply choose to accept the import of the contacts, and that is it… Your contacts from your old Samsung Galaxy S2 have been transferred to your new Samsung Galaxy S4 !
7. It really is as simple as that!
I am going to use the phone for a couple of days, and after that, I will write a short review and post it on here as well.