There are no direct ferries from Santorini to Antiparos. To get there, you'll first need to take a ferry from Santorini to Paros, and then another ferry from Paros to Antiparos.
Antiparos island in Greece
The island of Antiparos has gained international recognition over the last few years, mainly because Tom Hanks has bought a villa there.
Greeks of course have been going there for years because of its laid-back feel and great beaches.
Whilst there are easier ‘next islands to visit after Santorini‘, you shouldn't dismiss Antiparos. It's certainly worth the journey to get there!
How to get from Santorini to Antiparos
As there's no airport in Antiparos island, the only way to take the journey from Santorini to Antiparos is to take a ferry.
The slight hitch, is that there are no direct ferries to Antiparos. Instead, you'll have an early introduction to Greek island hopping!
First, you'll need to take a ferry from Santorini to Paros. During the summer, there are up to four ferries per day leaving to Paros from Santorini, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Once on the island of Paros, you'll then need to take a ferry from Paros to Antiparos which is literally right next door.
The quick local ferry only takes 7 minutes to make the journey, but leaves from Pounta which is not the port you will arrive at in Paros initially. So, you'll need to get there after you arrive. This is most suitable for people traveling with their own vehicle.
The second option is to take small passenger ship from the main port of Paros, Parikia which takes about 30 minutes.
I find that Ferryhopper is a good website to use to book ferry tickets online.
Antiparos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting Antiparos island:
- Booking has a wide selection of accommodation in Antiparos that will suit all budgets. In addition to hotels in Paros, they also have villas, self-catering choices and apartments.
- Ferryhopper have up to date ferry ticket prices, timetables and schedules. I use this site myself when planning Greek island hopping trips.
- If this is your first time going to Greece, or your first island hopping trip, take a look at my guide on things to know before traveling to Greece.
- Welcome taxis provide a way to prebook taxis from you hotel in Santorini down to the port. Try to arrive at the port an hour before your ferry is due to depart. There are a couple of cafes where you can sit in the shade and enjoy a frappe or Greek coffee.
What to see in Antiparos Greece
Antiparos is a small island, with some beautiful sandy beaches. Swimming is probably the top activity in Antiparos, as is relaxing and taking it easy!
The best things to do when on vacation in Antiparos include:
- Visiting the Cave of Antiparos
- Beach time
- Antiparos Castle
- Savoring the gorgeous sunsets
- Taking boat tours and trips
Travel from Santorini to Antiparos FAQ
A few of the frequently asked questions about traveling to Antiparos from Santorini include:
How can I get to Antiparos from Santorini?
If you want to make the journey from Santorini to Antiparos the best way is by taking a ferry first to Paros, and then taking the small local ferry on to Antiparos. There is no direct ferry from Santorini to Antiparos in Greece.
Is there an airport in Antiparos?
There is no airport in Antiparos, so the only way to take a trip from Santorini to Antiparos is by the ferry services. Although there is an airport on the island of Paros (just 7 minutes away by ferry), you can not fly from Santorini to Paros either.
How long is the ferry crossing from Santorini to Antiparos?
There are no direct ferries from Santorini to Antiparos. You would first need to get the ferry to Paros from Santorini (approx 2-4 hours), and then take the local ferry from Paros to Antiparos (approx 7 minutes). How much time there is between the two ferries would depend on available connections.
Where can I buy ferry tickets to Antiparos?
One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. Although I think it's better to book your Santorini to Antiparos ferry tickets in advance, you might also go to a travel agency in Greece after you arrive.
More Islands To Visit After Santorini
You can travel from Santorini to all the other islands in the Cyclades of Greece. Here's a few blog posts to get you started.
- How to get from Santorini to Amorgos
- How to get from Santorini to Anafi
- How to get from Santorini to Andros
- How to get from Santorini to Folegandros
- How to get from Santorini to Ios
- How to get from Santorini to Iraklia
- How to get from Santorini to Kimolos
- How to get from Santorini to Koufonisia
- How to get from Santorini to Milos
- How to get from Santorini to Mykonos
- How to get from Santorini to Naxos
- How to get from Santorini to Schinoussa
- How to get from Santorini to Sikinos
- How to get from Santorini to Syros
- How to get from Santorini to Tinos
– Dave Briggs
Dave is a travel writer, living in Greece since 2015. He's written hundreds of guides on how to travel around Greece, including this one about getting to Antiparos from Santorini. Whilst he's not quite visited all the inhabited Greek islands yet, rest assured he's working on it!
Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: