For summer 2021, there are 6 Santorini to Paros ferry crossings per day. The quickest Santorini Paros ferry takes just 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Paros island in Greece
The Greek island of Paros is not quite on the same awareness level as Mykonos and Santorini – but it's getting there!
Paros seems to be an island for everyone. If you want to party you can, but you can just as easily find quiet beaches, quaint villages, museums, cultural activities and more.
If you're planning on traveling to Paros direct after Santorini, this guide shows you the best way.
Note: If decide you want to visit Paros first and then go on to Santorini, you might want to read my guide on how to get from Athens to Paros.
How to get from Santorini to Paros
Even though the Cyclades island of Paros has an airport, flights between the islands of Santorini and Paros are not an option.
In order to fly from Santorini to the island of Paros you'd need to go via Athens first – assuming there were flight connections that made sense.
This means that the best way to travel to Paros from Santorini island is by ferry. I suggest using the Ferryhopper website to get up to date ferry schedules, prices, and to easily book Paros ferry tickets online.
Santorini to Paros Ferry
During the summer tourist season, there can be up to up to 6 ferries per day from Santorini to Paros. These ferries to Paros from Santorini are operated by SeaJets, Blue Star Ferries, Golden Star Ferries, and Minoan Lines.
As you can imagine, visiting each of the ferry companies websites to check ticket prices is a bit if a pain.
Thankfully, Ferryhopper pull all the information into one place, making it easy to check prices and find the best ferry from Santorini that suits you schedule.
Take a look here: Ferryhopper
Santorini Paros Ferry Route
Some of the ferries from Santorini will go directly to Paros without stopping. Other ferries may make stops at a few islands in the Cyclades first. The most common islands to stop along the way before reaching Paros include Ios and Naxos.
Take a look at a map here.
The fastest ferry from Santorini going to Paros takes around 1 hour and 50 minutes, and the slow ferry sailing to Paros from Santorini island takes around 4 hours and 20 minutes.
Normally, the faster the ferry the more expensive the ticket, but on the Santorini Paros route this might not be the case due to the additional stops some ferries make.
As mentioned, the best place to see which boats are going from Santorini to Paros is Ferryhopper.
2021 Santorini Paros Crossings
Using August 2021 as a snapshot of what to expect in the peak of summer, here's a look at which ferry companies are making the journey from Santorini to Paros.
- Blue Star Ferries: They operate two ferries per day which are the Blue Star Patmos and the Blue Star Delos. This is the cheapest ticket price, starting at 23.00 Euro per person.
- Golden Star Ferries: Their ‘Superexpress' vessel makes the trip once a day with 14.15 departures. Expect a ticket price of around 44.00 Euro.
- Minoan Lines: With the ‘Santorini Palace' ferry, Minoan Lines run the Santorini Paros ferry route three times a week on Friday, Sunday, and Tuesday.
- SeaJets: At the peak of summer, Sea Jets operate three different ferry crossings per day on their vessels Sifnos Jet, Power Jet, and Naxos Jet.
If you'd like to find out more information on Greek ferry companies and the types of boats they have, take a look at my guide to ferries in Greece.
Paros Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting the Cyclades island of Paros:
- Don't arrive in Paros without anywhere to stay! I've a guide here on where to stay in Paros. For stays of just a couple of nights, the main port town of Parikia is perhaps the best location.
- Ferryhopper is a great place to sort out ferry tickets for Paros and other Greek islands. It's easy to plan a journey, check fares, and see which departure might suit you best.
- Looking for other islands to visit? My guide here on islands to visit after Santorini might be a useful read.
- Welcome taxis offer a very reliable service to pre-book taxis to and from ports and airports in Greece.
What to see in Paros Greece
The best time to visit Paros is between May and October. The weather is at its best during this period, and there will be more frequent and reliable ferry connections.
Windsurfing and kitesurfing are popular activities when in Paros, so be sure to head out to Golden Beach and New Golden Beach if that sounds like your type of thing!
Some other ideas of what to see and do in Paros include:
- Visit Panagia Ekatontapiliani (The Church of 100 doors)
- Explore the labyrinth streets of Parikia
- Head out to the gorgeous village of Lefkes
- Take photos of the fishing boats at Naoussa Old Port
- Learn about Ancient Greece in the Archaeological Museum of Paros
- Spend a day or two in Antiparos
- Try to visit every beach in Paros!
- Check out my complete travel guide here: Things to do in Paros, Greece – The Complete Guide! (Updated 2021)
Love spending time on the beach? This guide to the best beaches in Paros is a must-read!
How to take the ferry from Santorini to Paros FAQ
A few of the frequently asked questions about traveling to Paros from Santorini include:
How do I get from Santorini to Paros?
The best way to make the trip from Santorini to Paros is by using a ferry. There are up to up to 4 ferries per day sailing to Paros island from Santorini operated by at least 3 different companies.
Is there an airport in Paros?
Although the island of Paros has an airport, taking a plane between Santorini and Paros is not possible. If you prefer to fly from Santorini to the Greek island of Paros you'd need to go via Athens assuming there are suitable flights.
How long is the ferry ride from Santorini to Paros?
The ferries to Paros from Santorini take between 1 hour and 50 minutes and 4 hours and 20 minutes. Ferry operators on the Santorini Paros route may include SeaJets, Blue Star Ferries and Minoan Lines.
Is Paros near Santorini?
In navigational terms, Paros is 43 nautical miles from Santorini, which is approximately 90 kilometres.
How can I buy tickets for the ferry to Paros?
One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online for ferries from Santorini to Paros is at Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book your Santorini to Paros ferry tickets in advance, but you might prefer to wait and then use a travel agency in Greece after you have arrived.
You might also want to read these other Santorini ferry guides:
- How to get from Santorini to Milos
- How to get from Santorini to Mykonos
- Getting from Santorini to Antiparos
- How to get to Paros
– Dave Briggs
Dave is a travel writer who's been living in Greece since 2015. He's written hundred's of travel guides such as this one about traveling from Santorini to Paros in order to help other travelers plan their own island hopping adventures in Greece.
Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: