There is one ferry a week sailing from Andros to Kea, usually on a Thursday. The journey from Andros to Kea takes about 7 hours and 10 minutes on Blue Star Ferries.
Kea island in Greece
Kea is a hilly island in the Cyclades group of Greece. With its olive trees and dramatic coastline, it is a lesser known tourist destination in Greece.
While Andros and Kea might look relatively close together on a map, getting between these two Cyclades islands is no as easy as with other islands. This is because the only connecting direct ferry from Andros to Kea takes a somewhat lengthy journey to other islands first.
Andros Kea Ferry Route
During the tourist season, you might expect up to one ferry per week from Andros to Kea. These ferries to Kea from Andros are operated by Blue Star Ferries.
The journey times are not very quick at all. Usually, the ferry boat sailing to Kea from Andros island takes around 7 hours and 10 minutes!
For travel times, schedules, and booking ferry tickets visit Ferryhopper.
Kea Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting Kea island:
- Ferries leave from Gavrio port in Andros, and passengers should be at island ports at least half an hour before the crossing is due to depart.
- Arriving ferries dock at Korissia port in Kea.
- The easiest way to get hold of a ferry ticket for the Andros Kea trips is by using Ferryhopper. I suggest you book your Andros to Kea ferry tickets in advance, especially during the height of the tourist season.
- For places to stay in Kea, I suggest looking at Booking. They have a great range of where to stay in Kea and areas to consider staying include Korrisia, Otzias, and Ioulida. If you are traveling to Kea in the peak travel season, I advise reserving accommodation in Kea a month or so in advance.
- Make sure to check out these beaches in Kea: Xila, Spathi, Pisses, Kaliskia, Sikamia, Kampi, and Koundouros.
- You can get more travel tips about Kea, Andros and more destinations in Greece, sign up for my newsletter.
- Related travel post suggestion: Islands near Andros
How to take a trip from Andros to Kea FAQ
You can find answers to questions that people ask about traveling to Kea from Andros here, which include:
How can we get to Kea from Andros?
The only way to get from Andros to Kea is to use a ferry. There is only one ferry per week sailing to the Greek island of Kea from Andros, and the travel duration is over 7 hours.
Is there an airport in Kea?
The Greek island of Kea does not have an airport, but there are many ferry connections to nearby islands.
How many hours is the ferry from Andros to Kea?
The ferry crossings to the Cyclades island of Kea from Andros take between and 7 hours and 10 minutes. Ferry operators on the Andros Kea route may include Blue Star Ferries.
Where do I buy ferry tickets to Kea?
I find that the Ferryhopper website is the best place to book ferry tickets online. Although I suggest you book your Andros to Kea ferry tickets in advance, you could also wait until you are in Greece, and use a travel agency.
In summary, because of the limited number of ferries from Andros to Kea, it is best to book your tickets in advance. The journey takes about 7 hours and 10 minutes on Blue Star Ferries.