There are 9 or 10 ferries per week from Folegandros to Serifos. These ferries to Serifos from Folegandros are operated by SeaJets and Zante Ferries.
Ferry Route Folegandros Serifos
If you're looking for a Greek island destination to visit after spending time in Folegandros, Serifos makes a good choice.
Both of these places are Cyclades islands, and the distance between them is just 70kms.
You can only travel to Serifos from Folegandros by ferry of course, as neither place has an airport. Ferries run year round, but are more frequent in the summer months when extra vessels are laid on in the high season.
Folegandros to Serifos Ferry Operators
Two ferry companies currently offer ferry connections between Folegandros and Serifos. These are Zante Ferries and SeaJets.
Zante ferries operate a conventional ferry from Folegandros to Serifos which takes vehicles. SeaJets use highspeed ferries which do not take cars.
Zante Ferries Folegandros Serifos
Zante Ferries operate this Folegandros to Serifos route all the year round. The ferry sails two or three times a week depending on seasonal demand.
While this conventional ferry is slower (somewhere between 3 hours and 15 minutes and 5 hours and 15 minutes depending on the month), it is by far the best price. Ticket prices for passengers start from as little as 11.00 Euros.
If you want to check schedules, travel times, and and book online, check out Ferryhopper.
Sea Jets Folegandros to Serifos
The SeaJets ferry company provides seasonal ferries to routes in the Cyclades islands of Greece. This means they are only likely to sail between Folegandros and Serifos between April and October.
The main advantage though is that they offer a daily ferry meaning there is more choice. The downside is they are a lot more expensive. Expect ticket prices to start from 57.70 Euro.
To check which ferry companies timetable might suit you best, visit Ferryhopper.
A few travel tips for visiting Serifos island:
- Ferries depart from Karavostasis port in Folegandros. It's recommended that passengers be at ferry ports at lead a half hour before departure if they have e tickets. An hour before if they want to collect tickets at the port.
- Ferries arrive at Livadi ferry port in Serifos.
- For accommodation options in Serifos, I recommend using Booking. They have a great range of apartments in Serifos and areas to consider staying include Chora, and Livadi. I've a guide here on the best places to stay in Serifos.
- If you are traveling to Serifos in the the busiest months of summer, I advise reserving hotels in Serifos a month or so in advance.
- Spend time on some of the top rated beaches in Serifos: Ganema, Sikamia, Ai Giannis, Psili Ammos, Livadakia, Karavi, and Agios Sostis.
- The best place to look at Greek ferries online is Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book your Folegandros to Serifos ferry tickets in advance, especially during the peak travel season.
- For further travel information about islands near Folegandros, and other islands in the Cyclades group in Greece, sign up for my newsletter.
- You might also like to read: Money and ATMs in Greece
How to get from Folegandros to Serifos FAQ
Questions that people ask about the trip to Serifos from Folegandros include:
How do you get to Serifos from Folegandros?
If you want to make a journey from Folegandros to Serifos the best way is by ferry boat. There are up to 9 or 10 ferries per week sailing to the Greek island of Serifos from Folegandros.
Is there an airport on Serifos?
As there is no airport in the island of Serifos, the only way to make the journey from Folegandros to Serifos is to use a ferry.
How long is the ferry crossing from Folegandros to Serifos?
The ferries to Serifos from Folegandros take between 2 hours and 30 minutes and 5 hours and 15 minutes. Ferry operators on the Folegandros Serifos route may include SeaJets and Zante Ferries.
How can I buy tickets for the ferry to Serifos?
I find that the Ferryhopper website is the best place for booking ferry tickets online. I think it's better that you book your Folegandros to Serifos ferry tickets in advance, you might also prefer to use a travel agency in Greece when you have arrived.
Dave is a travel writer living in and writing about Greece. In addition to writing this travel blog post about ferries from Folegandros to Serifos, he's written hundreds more guides to other destinations in Greece.Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: