The Naxos to Sifnos ferry takes just one hour and 35 minutes to make its journey, and during the summer, there is one late afternoon ferry per day. This guide has all the information you need to travel from Naxos to Sifnos island in Greece by ferry.
Sifnos island in Greece
Sifnos is a beautiful island that has sandy beaches and breathtaking views, and is the perfect destination for a relaxing vacation. This island has beautiful beaches, low-key nightlife, white Cycladic villages and amazing food!
The best thing about Sifnos island is its a great place to relax. It’s not as touristic as many Greek islands (although it's a popular island with Greeks), but there’s still enough local companies offering excursions and countless opportunities to fill your day with self-made itineraries if you get bored simply chilling on the beach!
How to get from Naxos to Sifnos
If you are planning to visit Sifnos island in Greece straight after Naxos and want the most convenient way to get there, you should know that there is a ferry departing from Naxos every day.
During the the months of July, August, and September, you can expect up to 1 ferry per day in the afternoon from Naxos to Sifnos. These ferries to Sifnos from Naxos are operated by Seajets.
Ferries to Sifnos from Naxos
The journey by ferry from Naxos going to Sifnos takes around 1 hour and 35 minutes, and the ferry normally departs Naxos late in the afternoon sometime after 17.00.
You should be aware that the SeaJets ferry from Naxos to Sifnos isn't exactly a cheap one though. You can expect to pay around 62.00 Euro as a foot passenger.
The easiest way to book ferry tickets online is by using Ferryhopper.
Sifnos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting Sifnos island:
- Ferry services depart from the port in Naxos Town (Chora) in Naxos. Arriving ferries dock at Kamari port in Sifnos.
- For hotels in Sifnos, I suggest looking at Booking. They have a great range of apartments in Sifnos and areas to consider staying include Platis Gialos, Apollonia, and Kamares. If you are traveling to Sifnos in the height of summer, I advise reserving accommodation in Sifnos a month or so in advance.
- Beach lovers recommend these beaches in Sifnos: Vathy, Herronisos, Platis Gialos, Seralia, Apokofto, Gialos, and Kamares.
- Ferryhopper is perhaps the easiest site to use when it comes to booking Ferry tickets online. Although I recommend you book your Naxos to Sifnos ferry tickets in advance, especially during the busy summer months.
- For more travel information about Sifnos, Naxos and more places in Greece please subscribe to my newsletter.
- Related blog post suggestion: Ferries from Naxos to islands in the Cyclades
How to make the trip from Naxos to Sifnos FAQ
Questions that people ask about traveling to Sifnos from Naxos include:
How can I get to Sifnos from Naxos?
If you want to get from Naxos to Sifnos the best way is to take a ferry. There is at least 1 ferry per day in the afternoon sailing to the Cyclades island of Sifnos from Naxos.
Is there an airport on Sifnos?
The island of Sifnos does not have an airport. The closest island to Sifnos with an airport is either Milos or Paros.
How long is the ferry ride from Naxos to Sifnos?
The ferries to the Greek island of Sifnos from Naxos take around 1 hour and 35 minutes. Ferry operators on the Naxos Sifnos route may include Seajets.
Where can I buy tickets for the ferry to Sifnos?
One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. Although I recommend you book your Naxos to Sifnos ferry tickets in advance, you might also go to a travel agency in Greece after you arrive.
Dave is a travel writer based in Greece As well as writing this travel guide about ferries from Naxos to Sifnos, he's also written many more travel blogs about destinations in Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: