There are only 2 or 3 ferries per week sailing from Paros to Anafi during the summer tourist season. The quickest journey is on a Blue Star Ferries vessel, taking 4 hours and 50 minutes.
Traveling to Anafi from Paros by ferry
It has to be said, that getting to the Greek island of Anafi is a bit of a mission, no matter where you want to leave from!
Perhaps the inconvenience of the journey is what has helped keep Anafi such a special place.
If you want to visit Anafi directly after spending time in Paros, you'll only find 2 or 3 ferries sailing a week during the summer months. These ferries to Anafi from Paros are operated by Blue Star Ferries and SeaJets.
You can find the latest ferry ticket prices for the Paros – Anafi route here: Ferryhopper.
Paros Anafi on Blue Star Ferries
The best choice of ferry is the Blue Star Ferries offering which sails twice a week.
This is a large, comfortable ferry that also takes vehicles, so if you are Greek island hopping with a car, it's a good choice.
Typically sailing on a Thursday and a Sunday between Paros and Anafi, the crossing takes just slightly less the 5 hours.
SeaJets Ferries from Paros to Anafi
SeaJets vessels are only sporadically scheduled. It's the slowest ferry sailing to Anafi from Paros island, taking around 8 hours and 55 minutes.
If you want to check schedules and book tickets for the ferry online, check out Ferryhopper.
Anafi Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting Anafi island after Paros:
- Ferries leave from the main port, Parikia in Paros. Ferries arrive at the main port, Agios Nikolaos in Anafi.
- For apartments in Anafi, I suggest looking at Booking. They have a great range of places to stay in Anafi and areas to consider staying include Roukounas, and Chora. If you are traveling to Anafi in the busiest months for travel, I advise reserving rooms to rent in Anafi a month or so in advance.
- Make sure to check out these beaches in Anafi: Monastiri, Flamourou, Katsouni, Klisidi, and Roukounas.
- One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book your Paros to Anafi ferry tickets in advance, especially during the peak months of summer just in case the route sells out on the day you want to travel.
- If you would like more information about Anafi, Paros and other destinations in Greece, please subscribe to my newsletter.
- You might also like to read: Best things to do in Paros
How to take the journey from Paros to Anafi FAQ
A few common question about traveling to Anafi from Paros include:
How can we get to Anafi from Paros?
The only way to take a trip from Paros to Anafi is by ferry boat. There are between 2 and 3 ferries per week sailing to the Cyclades island of Anafi from Paros.
Is there an airport on Anafi?
The Greek island of Anafi does not have its own airport. The only way to reach Anafi is by ferry.
How long is the ferry crossing from Paros to Anafi?
The ferries to Anafi from Paros take between 4 hours and 50 minutes and 8 hours and 55 minutes. Ferry operators on the Paros Anafi route may include Blue Star Ferries and SeaJets.
Where do you get ferry tickets to Anafi?
Ferryhopper is perhaps the easiest site to use when it comes to booking Ferry tickets online. I think it's better that you book your Paros to Anafi ferry tickets in advance, you might also go to a travel agency in Greece after you arrive.
Dave is a travel writer based in Greece As well as creating this guide to ferries from Paros to Anafi, he's written many more guides to Greece and the islands. Join Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: