If you are flying from Marrakech to Athens on Ryanair, you may find these travel tips useful. Here's what you need to know about checking in, tickets, and more.
Flying to Athens from Marrakech
In the last couple of years, there's a nice Ryanair route opened between Athens and Marrakech. This means that Morocco is now easily accessible from southern Europe, making warm winter breaks at affordable prices a reality for people living in Greece.
As with all things Ryanair though, there's a catch!
You'll know about their ever changing luggage rules for flying Ryanair of course, but there's something more specific to do with flying the Marrakech to Athens route, and that is printing tickets.
Ryanair Marrakech to Athens
This only happens on the flight from Marrakech to Athens on Ryanair, but… You must print your tickets!
No, your app is not good enough. Yes, you have to print your ticket.
Or at least that is the case circa 2020, and it's unlikely to change.
Where to print your flight tickets in Marrakech
The easiest way to print your Ryanair flight ticket in Marrakech, is to ask the owner of your riad. Normally, they are happy to oblige.
Failing that, you need to go to an internet cafe/printing shop, of which there are a few scattered in and around the Medina. If your Riad owner can't print your tickets, they will at least be able to point you in the right direction.
When you visit one of these shops, be prepared to pay up to the equivalent of a Euro a sheet. Seriously!
Checking in for Ryanair Marrakech to Athens
There's also a few other things you can do to make your flight from Marrakech airport to Athens run more smoothly. Here's my suggestions:
- Get your tickets printed out
- Arrive at the airport two hours before your flight (no need for three hours as instructions suggest)
- You will first put your luggage through a baggage scanner
- Go straight to the Ryanair check in desk.
- Yes, you read it right. Even though you have a printed ticket, you still need to go to check in.
- They will stamp your ticket at check in.
- Then go through the other security checks as per normal.
Follow the steps above, and you'll have a much easier Marrakech to Athens flight!
Travel Guides to Marrakech
You might also be interested in these other Marrakech blog posts:
Planning a trip to Athens? Check these posts out:
- How to get from Athens airport to the city centre
- Hotels near the Acropolis
- 3 Days in Athens itinerary