You can travel to Sikinos from Syros on one of three weekly ferries. The Syros Sikinos route takes between 4 hours and 20 minutes, and 5 hours and 35 minutes.
How to get from Syros to Sikinos
If you've decided that you want to visit the quiet Greek island of Sikinos after Syros, you've made a great choice! Sikinos is one of my favourite islands in the Cyclades, and I love its unpretentious atmosphere, quiet way of life, and simplicity.
One local described Sikinos as being the place you visit to read a few good books. I couldn't agree with him more! Sikinos is a perfect destination in Greece to get away from the crowds.
As you can't fly from Syros to Sikinos, the only way to travel between these two islands is by ferry.
Ferries to Sikinos from Syros
During the busiest months for travel, there might be up to 3 ferries per week from Syros to Sikinos. These ferries to Sikinos from Syros are operated by Blue Star Ferries and SeaJets.
The fastest connection from Syros going to Sikinos takes around 4 hours and 20 minutes. The slow ferry sailing to Sikinos from Syros island takes around 5 hours and 35 minutes.
Usually, the quicker boats also have more expensive ticket costs. During the winter off-season travel period, I've seen tickets start from as little as 11.50 Euros. You could probably expect to pay a little more than that for peak season travel.
Try using Ferryhopper in order to book ferry tickets online and to check the prices for the dates you want to travel.
Sikinos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting the Greek island of Sikinos after Syros:
- Ferries leave from Ermoupoli port in Syros. Ferries arrive at Alopronia port in Sikinos.
- For hotels in Sikinos, I suggest looking at Booking. They have a great choice of rooms to rent in Sikinos and areas to consider staying include Chora, and Alopronia. If you are traveling to Sikinos in the tourist season, I advise reserving places to stay in Sikinos a month or so in advance. I've previously stayed at a nice affordable self-catering apartment right above Kapari taverna in Chora.
- Spend time on some of the top rated beaches in Sikinos: Alopronia, Agios Georgios, and Dialiskari. I also recommend a sunset meal at the winery for fantastic views and a perfect atmosphere. Find out more: Things to do in Sikinos
- One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. Although I recommend you book your Syros to Sikinos ferry tickets in advance, especially during the the months of July, August, and September, there's also travel agencies on the islands where you can organize onward travel.
- If you would like more information about Sikinos, Syros and other places in Greece, subscribe to my newsletter.
- Related travel post suggestion: How to get to Syros from Athens
How to make the journey from Syros to Sikinos FAQ
Readers sometimes ask these question about traveling to Sikinos from Syros:
How can I get to Sikinos from Syros?
If you want to go to from Syros to Sikinos the best way is by using a ferry. There are up to 3 ferries per week sailing to Sikinos island from Syros.
Is there an airport in Sikinos?
The Greek island of Sikinos is too small to have an airport. The closest airport to Sikinos is on Santorini.
How long is the ferry crossing from Syros to Sikinos?
The ferries to the Cyclades island of Sikinos from Syros take between 4 hours and 20 minutes and 5 hours and 35 minutes. Ferry operators on the Syros Sikinos route may include Blue Star Ferries and SeaJets.
Where do you get ferry tickets to Sikinos?
Ferryhopper is perhaps the easiest site to use when it comes to booking Ferry tickets online. Although I recommend you book your Syros to Sikinos ferry tickets in advance, you might also prefer to use a travel agency in Greece when you have arrived.
Dave is a travel writer who spends his time traveling around and writing about Greece. As well as writing this guide about ferries from Syros to Sikinos, he's also written hundreds more travel guides to Greek destinations. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: