There are normally 5 ferries a day sailing from Andros to Mykonos (apart from Monday's), and the fare is 16.00 Euros per passenger.
Mykonos island in Greece
Mykonos is a popular tourist destination in Greece, known for its beaches, nightlife and whitewashed houses. The island is located in the Aegean Sea, and is one of the Cyclades islands.
Mykonos is a very popular destination for cruise ships, and the town of Mykonos is full of restaurants, bars and nightclubs. There are also several museums and churches on the island. The most famous beach on Mykonos is Paradise Beach, which is located close to the town of Mykonos.
Mykonos is quite a contrast to Andros. While Andros has an element of sophistication to it, Mykonos is much more contemporary chic – and the island is way busier!
If you're looking to travel to Mykonos after Andros, here's how.
Andros Mykonos Ferry Route
You can't fly between these two islands in the Cyclades group, so the only way to travel from Andros to Mykonos is by the ferry services.
As the two islands are quite close together, and also popular destinations, there are plenty of direct ferries sailing from Andros to Mykonos.
During the busy summer months, you may expect up to 4 or 5 ferries a day, apart from Monday's when there's only 2 trips from Andros to Mykonos.
These ferries to Mykonos from Andros are operated by Fast Ferries, Golden Star Ferries, and SeaJets.
Ferries to Mykonos from Andros
The quickest crossing from Andros going to Mykonos has a trip duration of around 2 hours and 15 minutes. The slowest ferry sailing to Mykonos from Andros island has travel times of around 2 hours and 25 minutes.
The ferry ticket prices are the same whichever boat you take, and for the high season cost 16.00 Euro for foot passengers.
Prices can and do change. For the latest ferry schedule on the Andros ferry to Mykonos, check online at Ferryhopper.
Mykonos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting Mykonos island:
- Ferries depart from Gavrio port in Andros. You should try to be at at the ferry port at least a half hour before departure.
- Ferries arrive at Mykonos New Port (Tourlos port), a few kilometres from Mykonos Town in Mykonos.
- You can take public transport into town, or organize a taxi to take you to your hotel.
- My guide on where to stay in Mykonos will help you choose the best area and accommodation.
- Areas to consider staying include Ornos, Psarou, Platis Gialos, Agios Stefanos, Megali Ammos, Agios Ioannis, and Mykonos Town. If you are traveling to Mykonos in the the busiest months of summer, I advise reserving hotels in Mykonos a month or so in advance.
- Spend time on some of the top rated beaches in Mykonos: Super Paradise, Lia, Kalafatis, Paradise, Agios Sostis, Agrari, and Platis Gialos.
- Plan your itinerary to the Cyclades island of Mykonos with this look at what to do in 3 days in Mykonos.
- I find that the Ferryhopper website is the best place to book ferry tickets online. It's better to book your Andros to Mykonos ferry tickets in advance, especially during the busiest time of summer.
- If you would like more information about Mykonos, Andros and other Greek islands, please subscribe to my newsletter.
- Related travel post suggestion: Islands close to Andros
How to make a journey from Andros to Mykonos FAQ
Questions about about traveling to Mykonos from Andros include:
How can you get to Mykonos from Andros?
In order to go to from Andros to Mykonos the best way is by taking a ferry. There are up to 4 ferries a day apart from Monday's when there's only 2 sailing to the island of Mykonos from Andros.
Is there an airport in Mykonos?
There is an international airport on Mykonos island in Greece. As well as connecting Mykonos with some European destinations, there are also domestic flights with Athens.
How long is the ferry crossing from Andros to Mykonos?
The travel time for ferries to the Greek island of Mykonos from Andros take between 2 hours and 15 minutes and 2 hours and 25 minutes. Ferry operators on the Andros Mykonos route may include Fast Ferries, Golden Star Ferries, and SeaJets.
How can I buy tickets for the ferry to Mykonos?
The best place to look at Greek ferries online is Ferryhopper. You can find ferry schedules for all the ferry companies sailing from Andros to Mykonos as well as other islands.
Dave is a travel writer based in Athens, Greece. In addition to writing this travel blog post about ferries from Andros to Mykonos, he's written hundreds more guides to other destinations in Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: