On average, there are 2 ferries a day sailing from Paros to Tinos. The quickest travel time between these two Greek islands is just 1 hour and 20 minutes. Here, we'll look at the Paros Tinos options, where you can book your tickets, and some travel tips.
How to get from Paros to Tinos
You can travel between the two Cyclades islands of Paros and Tinos twice a day on ferries operated by Goldens Star Ferries, Minoan Lines, Fast Ferries and SeaJets.
The quicker boat from Paros going to Tinos takes around 1 hour and 20 minutes. The slowest vessel sailing to Tinos from Paros island takes around 3 hours and 5 minutes.
These ferries may stop at some other islands along the way, such as Mykonos.
To look at schedules for Greek ferries on the Paros to Tinos route, visit the Ferryhopper website.
Paros Tinos Ferries
Although there are a lot of ferry companies sailing the Paros to Tinos route, it's Golden Star Ferries who provide the bulk of the services.
They offer a reliable 2 crossings per day, normally on two different ships.
The Goldens Star Ferries early morning crossing is the slowest one, taking 3 hours and 5 minutes to sail to Tinos.
It's also the cheapest at 30.00 Euro.
Their afternoon ferry to Tinos from Paros is much quicker at 1 hour and 20 minutes.
The price for this ferry ticket is around 35.00 Euro.
Take a look at the Ferryhopper website for the latest timetables for Paros to Tinos ferries.
Tinos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting Tinos:
- Ferry services leave from the main port, Parikia in Paros. Ferries arrive at the island's port in Tinos Town in Tinos.
- For places to stay in Tinos, have a look at Booking. Areas to consider staying include Agios Romanos, Pyrgos, Agios Ioannis Porto, Agios Sostis, Kionia, and Chora (Tinos town). I've a full guide here: Best hotels in Tinos
- I recommend visiting the following beaches in Tinos: Agios Sostis, Agios Romanos, Pachia Ammos, Kolimvithra, Agios Ioannis Porto, Agia Thalassa, and Rochari. Find out more in my Tinos Greece Travel Guide
- Tinos in Greece is a big island. You might want to hire a vehicle or use the buses to get around. More information here: How to get around Tinos Greece
- One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. Although I recommend you book your Paros to Tinos ferry tickets in advance, especially during the height of the tourist season.
- You can find out more about Tinos, Paros and other destinations in Greece, please sign up for my newsletter.
- I've a guide book to the islands of Tinos and Andros available in kindle and paperback formats: Andros and Tinos in Greece
How to make the trip from Paros to Tinos FAQ
Readers sometimes ask these question about traveling to Tinos from Paros include:
How do I get to Tinos from Paros?
The best way to make the journey from Paros to Tinos is by ferry. There are on average two ferries per day sailing to the island of Tinos from Paros.
Is there an airport on Tinos?
The Greek island of Tinos does not have an airport. The closest airport is on the neighbouring island of Mykonos.
How long is the ferry from Paros to Tinos?
The ferries to Tinos island from Paros take between 1 hour and 20 minutes and 3 hours and 5 minutes. Ferry operators on the Paros Tinos route may include Goldens Star Ferries, Minoan Lines, Fast Ferries and SeaJets with ticket prices starting from 30 Euros.
Where do I buy ferry tickets to Tinos?
The best place to look at Greek ferries online is Ferryhopper. Although I recommend you book your Paros to Tinos ferry tickets in advance, you might also prefer to use a travel agency in Greece when you have arrived.
Dave is a travel writer living in and writing about Greece. In addition to writing this travel blog guide ferries from Paros to Tinos, he's written hundreds more guides to other destinations in Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: