During this day of cycling between Pfeiffer Big Sur and San Simeon I met up with a bunch of other cyclists cycling the Pacific Coast Highway.
Cycling to San Simeon
Over the last few days, I’ve been crossing paths with a few other cyclists with similar itineraries for this section of the Pacific Coast Highway, so we arranged to meet up at the end of the day.
The coastline was simply awesome, stunning, magnificent and wonderful – So a great day to leave my camera rolled up in my tent. The pictures of duelling elephant sealions and Hearst Castle will have to be stored in my head instead.
Camping at San Simeon
A total of six of us turned up at San Simeon, so we shared a campsite, reducing the cost to 3 dollars each. One of the guys had broken a spoke, so we could all indulge in that great spectator sport of watching someone change a spoke.
I’m normally a bit rubbish with trying to remember names, but here we go – Jennie, Luke, John, Chris and Brook… I think.
Read more bike travel blog updates from this cycling expedition
More about cycling from Alaska to Argentina can be found using the links below:
- Previous day of bike tour
- Next day of bike tour
- Biking the Pacific Coast Route (USA)
- Sur BnB Guide: Where to stay in Big Sur Hotels, AirBnB, Camping
You might also want to check out:
- Top Pillows for Camping
- Best Budget Bike Trainer
- Bike ride from Canada to Mexico on the Pacific Coast Highway
- Tips for picking a bicycle touring sleeping bag
- Where to sleep when bike touring
- Duct Tape Bike Repairs: Bicycle Touring Tips and Hacks
- Cycling North America: Route and Travel Blogs
- Bicycle Touring South America: Routes, Travel Tips, Cycling Diaries
– Dave Briggs
Dave wrote this travel guide about cycling from Pfeiffer Big Sur to San Simeon on the PCH when bike touring from Alaska to Argentina.
Follow Dave on social media for travel, adventure and bike touring inspiration: