The Ios to Mykonos ferry route is well provided for, with between 2 and 6 ferries sailing every day of the week during the summer months.
How to get from Ios to Mykonos
Both Ios and Mykonos are two of the most popular Greek islands, especially with people who appreciate good nightlife!
Traveling between the beautiful Greek islands of Ios and Mykonos has never been easier, thanks to the numerous ferry connections available throughout the year.
In this article, I'll break down the ferry crossings from Ios to Mykonos by month, detailing the number of ferries, the quickest and slowest journeys, and the various ferries sailing this route.
Armed with this information, you can plan your perfect Greek island hopping adventure and book your ferry tickets online with ease!
Ios to Mykonos Ferry Crossings in June 2023
As summer approaches, ferry connections increase, with approximately 108 ferries sailing from Ios to Mykonos in June.
You can expect between 1 and 6 ferries daily, operated by various companies such as SUPERJET, SUPER JET 2, WORLDCHAMPION JET, EXPRESS JET, and SUPEREXPRESS.
Travel times remain consistent, with the fastest ferry taking 1 hour and 15 minutes and the slowest taking 5 hours and 40 minutes.
Make sure to check the latest schedules and secure your tickets online at Ferryscanner.
Ios Mykonos Ferry July 2023
In the peak month of July, there are around 121 ferries traveling from Ios to Mykonos.
With ferries sailing every day of the week, and some days up to 5 ferries, you'll have plenty of options for your journey.
The ferries servicing this route remain consistent, featuring SUPERJET, SUPER JET 2, WORLDCHAMPION JET, EXPRESS JET, and SUPEREXPRESS.
Travel times vary between the fast 1-hour, 15-minute travel time and the slower 5-hour, 40-minute journey.
Keep up to date with the latest ferry schedules and book your tickets at Ferryscanner.
Ios to Mykonos Ferries in August 2023
August remains a popular month for tourists, with around 119 ferries connecting Ios to Mykonos.
The daily frequency of 1 to 6 ferries and travel times ranging from 1 hour, 15 minutes to 5 hours, 40 minutes continue throughout the month.
The ferries servicing this route include SUPERJET, SUPER JET 2, WORLDCHAMPION JET, EXPRESS JET, and SUPEREXPRESS.
Plan your trip and book your ferry tickets online at Ferryscanner.
Ferries from Ios to Mykonos September 2023
As summer comes to a close, there are still about 109 ferries sailing from Ios to Mykonos in September.
The frequency remains at 1 to 6 daily ferries with travel times varying between 1 hour, 15 minutes and 5 hours, 40 minutes.
You can expect the same ferries servicing this route: SUPERJET, SUPER JET 2, WORLDCHAMPION JET, EXPRESS JET, and SUPEREXPRESS.
Check the most up-to-date ferry schedules and book your tickets online at Ferryscanner.
No matter the month you choose to travel between Ios and Mykonos, you will find multiple options to suit your preferences and budget. Make sure to book your tickets online in advance to ensure you get the best possible price and the most convenient travel times.
Mykonos Travel Tips
A few travel tips for traveling from Ios to visit the island of Mykonos:
- Ferries leave from the main port, called Gialos in Ios. Arriving ferries dock at New Tourlos port, a few kilometres from Mykonos Town in Mykonos.
- Passengers generally have to leave their bulky luggage in an area in the hold. Have a small bag ready for the journey which has valuables and items you may want to use on the trip.
- Areas to consider staying in Mykonos include Agios Ioannis, Mykonos Town, Megali Ammos, Psarou, Agios Stefanos, Ornos, and Platis Gialos. I've a breakdown of the different areas to stay on Mykonos island here: Where to stay in Mykonos
- Mykonos is well known for its amazing beaches. For some quality beach time, head to these beaches in Mykonos: Lia, Agrari, Platis Gialos, Agios Sostis, Paradise, Super Paradise, and Kalafatis. My beach guide is a good read, especially if you want to find less touristy places to enjoy the sun: Best beaches in Mykonos
- Looking to continue Greek island hopping after Mykonos? Here's the best Greek islands to visit after Mykonos. Ferryhopper is perhaps the easiest site to use when it comes to booking Ferry tickets online and checking timetables.
- You can get more travel tips about Mykonos, Ios and more places in Greece please subscribe to my newsletter.
- You might also like to read these insights for more information: Mykonos Travel Guide
How to travel from Ios to Mykonos FAQ
Questions about about traveling to Mykonos from Ios include:
How can I go from Ios to Mykonos?
You can only travel between Ios and Mykonos by using a ferry. There are up to 2 daily ferries sailing to Mykonos from Ios.
Is there an airport on Mykonos?
Mykonos does have its own international airport (IATA: JMK, ICAO: LGMK). While you can't fly to any other destination in the Cyclades, it does have connections with Athens and some European cities.
How long is the ferry from Ios to Mykonos?
The ferries to the Greek island of Mykonos from Ios take between 1 hour and 35 minutes and 3 hours and 35 minutes. Ferry operators on the Ios Mykonos route may include Sea Jets and Golden Star Ferries.
How can I buy tickets for the ferry to Mykonos?
The easiest way to check a ferry schedule and get hold of a ferry ticket in Greece is by using Ferryhopper. You can also use a local travel agency to book ferry tickets for you, and you can normally find them near the ports.
Can I take a car on a Greek ferry?
If you're traveling with a vehicle, you will be happy to know that some Greek ferry boats have the option to carry cars. It's important to keep in mind that it is against some rental companies terms to take hire cars on board a ferry.
Final Thoughts: Ios to Mykonos ferries can be expensive, so it's best to plan in advance and look at different dates for the cheapest fares. If you're planning a vacation in Greece and need help finding affordable accommodation on Ios or booking tickets, take a look through this blog! There's stacks more content here that will help you plan the perfect holiday in Greece.
Dave is a travel writer who has been living in Greece and writing about the country since 2015. As well as creating this travel guide to ferries from Ios to Mykonos, he's also written many more travel blogs about destinations in Greece and around the world. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: