Taking a ferry from Naxos to Mykonos is one of the easiest Greek island hopping trips you can make, as there are between 6 and 8 ferries per day. This guide has all the travel information you need to book a ferry from Naxos to Mykonos in Greece.
Naxos Mykonos Ferry Route
The Greek island of Naxos is the biggest in the Cyclades, and has excellent ferry connections to most of the Greek islands nearby.
The well-known destination of Mykonos is one of those islands, and during the summer months you can expect up to a whopping 8 ferries per day sailing from Naxos to Mykonos.
Two or three ferry companies operate the Naxos to Mykonos ferry route, and the cheapest crossing is 36.00 Euros.
Day Trip From Naxos To Mykonos By Ferry
Note: It might just about be possible to put together a Naxos to Mykonos day trip, although in my opinion it wouldn't leave you much time to do any sightseeing in Mykonos.
You'd need to take the first ferry leaving Naxos to Mykonos (about 09.00 in the morning), and then get the last ferry back from Mykonos to Naxos (about 17.50 in the evening).
Still, if you're determined to give it a go, take a look at my one day Mykonos itinerary and see what you think you can squeeze in.
As a result, most people that take the Naxos to Mykonos ferry will want to stay at least a couple of nights in Mykonos.
It also means you don't need to take the 09.00 Naxos Mykonos ferry if you don't want to. I know I prefer not to travel that early if I'm on vacation!
Ferry Naxos To Mykonos
During the tourist season, you may expect between 6 and 8 ferries per day from Naxos to Mykonos. These ferries to Mykonos from Naxos are operated by SeaJets, Fast Ferries, and Hellenic Seaways.
The quicker boat from Naxos going to Mykonos takes around 35 minutes. The slowest vessel sailing to Mykonos from Naxos island takes around 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Ferries start sailing at around 09.00 in the morning, and the last Naxos Mykonos ferry typically leaves at 15.30.
If you want to check schedules and book tickets for the ferries Naxos to Mykonos online, check out Ferryhopper. It's the site that I use myself when island hopping around the Cyclades in Greece.
Mykonos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting the island of Mykonos:
- Ferry services leave from the port in Naxos Town (Chora) in Naxos. Arriving ferries dock at New Tourlos port, a few kilometres from Mykonos Town in Mykonos. Check out my complete Mykonos travel guide to help plan your time in Mykonos.
- For rooms to rent in Mykonos, take a look at Booking. They have a great choice of accommodation in Mykonos, and areas to consider staying include Psarou, Agios Stefanos, Agios Ioannis, Platis Gialos, Megali Ammos, Ornos, and Mykonos Town. I've previously stayed in the Ornos area of Mykonos.
- Beach lovers recommend these beaches in Mykonos: Agios Sostis, Platis Gialos, Super Paradise, Lia, Paradise, Agrari, and Kalafatis. Check out my full guide here: Best beaches in Mykonos.
- I find that the Ferryhopper website is the best place to book ferry tickets online. I think it's better that you book your Naxos to Mykonos ferry tickets in advance, especially during the busiest months for travel.
- For further travel insights on Mykonos, Naxos and other places in Greece, please subscribe to my newsletter.
- If you're staying for 2 or 4 nights in Mykonos, you must visit the incredible UNESCO World Heritage site of Delos: Mykonos to Delos Day Trip and Tours
- How about comparing Naxos and Mykonos? Look here >> Naxos or Mykonos – Which Greek island is better and why
Ferry Naxos to Mykonos FAQ
Readers sometimes ask these question about traveling to Mykonos from Naxos:
How can we get to Mykonos from Naxos?
If you want to make the trip from Naxos to Mykonos the best way is to use a ferry. There are between 6 and 8 ferries per day sailing to Mykonos from Naxos during the summer tourist season.
Is there an airport on Mykonos?
Even though Mykonos island has an airport, flights between the islands of Naxos and Mykonos are not possible. The airport in Mykonos is an international one though with flights to some European destinations, making Mykonos a logical choice as a final island to visit in the Cyclades Greece.
How many hours is the ferry from Naxos to Mykonos?
The ferries to the Cyclades island of Mykonos from Naxos take between 35 minutes and 1 hour and 50 minutes. Ferry operators on the Naxos Mykonos route may include SeaJets and Golden Star Ferries.
Where can I buy tickets for the ferry to Mykonos?
One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book your Naxos to Mykonos ferry tickets in advance, but you could also use a local travel agency in Greece.
How far is Naxos from Mykonos?
The distance between Naxos and Mykonos is approximately 40 nautical miles or 74 kilometers. There are frequent ferry connections between the two islands, with the travel time ranging from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the type of ferry you choose.
Dave is a travel writer based in Athens, Greece since 2015. In addition to writing this travel blog guide to taking a ferry from Naxos to Mykonos, he's also written many more travel blogs about destinations in Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: