Agnontas, located on the southwest coast of Skopelos island in Greece, is known for its excellent seafood tavernas, good swimming, and relaxing sunsets.
Agnontas Village Skopelos
If you enjoy quiet, out of the way places when looking at where to stay in Skopelos, Agnontas might be worth considering.
Agnontas, a picturesque fishing village located in the Greek island of Skopelos, is the perfect destination for those looking to get away from it all. Nestled in a sheltered bay surrounded by lush vegetation and crystal clear waters, Agnontas provides visitors with a tranquil escape from their everyday lives.
Agnontas, sometimes written Agnondas, beach in Skopelos is a beautiful pebble beach. The village is surrounded by green vegetation and fronted by a clear sea. Shades of green bounce around, and it is a relaxing place for a swim.
The beach is located in a sheltered bay, which makes the sea relatively calm even on days of bad weather. The area is popular for people who love seafood restaurants, and there are also places to stay for those that want to spend longer than a few hours here.
Agnondas is a fishing port from where fishermen set out to catch fish, lobsters, squid, and shrimp, all of which you can enjoy at the local tavernas. The sunset is also unique, and best enjoyed with a glass of ouzo!
In case you didn't know: The beach is named after the Olympic runner Agnonta, who won a race at the Olympic Games in 568 BC. To have a place still named after you some 2500 years later is quite something even by Greek standards!
Agnontas is also sometimes used as a third port on days where ferries can't dock in Glossa or Skopelos town because of strong winds.
Restaurants Near Agnondas Beach
In Agnontas, there are several restaurants and cafes to choose from.
Visit Agnontas for some of the best-rated restaurants in Skopelos, including Korali restaurant, a favorite among locals and tourists.
The restaurant offers a beautiful seafront location and outdoor seating with stunning views of the bay. Customers rave about the freshness and quality of the seafood, particularly the octopus and grilled fish dishes. The restaurant also serves delicious Greek meze, salads, and other traditional dishes, and the staff are known for their friendly and attentive service. Overall, Korali restaurant is a great choice for seafood lovers visiting Skopelos.
For a quick bite, try M Coffeehouse, and for a beautiful sunset and a quintessentially Greek ambiance, head to Mouria fish taverna for seafood, meat, and vegetarian options. Don't forget to try the iced ouzo or tsipouro.
Read more about: Food in Greece
Staying in Agnontas
While Agnontas is pretty much away from all the other places of interest and things to do in Skopelos, people who enjoy peace and quiet might want to consider staying here.
The only thing to keep in mind, is you will either need to rent a car in Skopelos (I recommend Discover Cars) or use the public transport bus services to get around. There is a bus stop just outside this small port hamlet.
Also read: Mamma Mia Church in Skopelos
Hotels Near Agnontas Skopelos
- Villa Amarandos -Villa Amarandos is a new property located in Agnontas, only 200m from the beach. The villa accommodates up to four guests in two bedrooms and has a living room, flat-screen TV, fully-equipped kitchen, and two bathrooms. Guests can enjoy mountain and sea views from the terrace, garden, or outdoor dining area. Additional amenities include a seasonal outdoor pool, free WiFi, and private parking. The villa is located 1.7km from Limnonari Beach and 8.2km from Skopelos Port and Folklore Museum. Skiathos Airport is the nearest airport located 39km away.
- AGNONTAS LUXURY VILLAS -AGNONTAS LUXURY VILLAS is a sustainable property located in Agnontas, just 90m from the beach. The villa features a seasonal outdoor swimming pool and mountain views. With family rooms available, guests can also enjoy sea views from the terrace. Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, flat-screen TV, private bathroom with slippers, and free WiFi. Free private parking is also available. Bed linen and towels are included.
- Katikies Stamatias Studios & Maisonettes -Katikies Stamatias Studios & Maisonettes is located just 100m from Agnontas Beach and features a garden, barbecue facilities, and a 24-hour front desk. The air-conditioned accommodations offer free Wi-Fi, and a fully equipped kitchen with a dining area, flat-screen TV, and private bathroom with shower, hairdryer, and free toiletries. Additional amenities include a fridge, oven, stovetop, kettle, coffee machine, sun terrace, laundry service, and business facilities such as fax and photocopying. Bicycle rentals are also available on-site.
- Althea Accommodation -Althea Accommodation is a sustainable aparthotel located in Agnontas, just 100m from the beach. The property features a garden, sea-view terrace, and free WiFi and parking. Equipped with outdoor furniture, the family rooms include a satellite flat-screen TV, wardrobe, and private bathroom with a hairdryer and shower. Certain units have a fully equipped kitchen and soundproofing. Limnonari Beach is 1.7km away and Skiathos Airport is the nearest airport, located 39km from the property. Couples highly rate the location, giving it a 9.6 rating for a two-person trip.
- Skopelos country house Diamantis & Chrisi -This sustainable holiday home in Agnontas offers guests a garden with garden views and is close to popular landmarks such as Agnontas Beach and Limnonari Beach. The property features a shared kitchen, bicycle parking, free private parking, and complimentary WiFi. Two bedrooms, a living room with a flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with an oven and microwave, and one bathroom with a shower are included. The air-conditioned accommodation also features soundproofing and a fireplace. Bed linen, towels, and laundry service are provided. Guests can also unwind in the shared lounge area.
- Stamatia's Garden -Stamatia's Garden is a charming property located just 50m from Agnondas beach in Skopelos. The garden is filled with various trees and colorful flowers. Free WiFi is available in public areas. The property offers four double rooms and a studio, all of which feature air conditioning, a fridge, electric kettle, ironing facilities, and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Additionally, there is a shared kitchen with a toaster and coffee machine. Fruits and local delicacies are offered upon arrival. Guests can easily access nearby taverns and mini markets on foot. Skopelos Town and Port are 8km away and Limnonari Beach is just 1km away. Free public parking is available nearby.
- The Akri House Agnondas -The Akri House Agnondas is a non-smoking property located in Agnontas, just a few steps from Agnontas Beach and 1.5km from Limnonari Beach. This beachfront property features a shared lounge, air conditioning, garden, terrace, and barbecue facilities. The apartment has a fully equipped kitchen, dining area, flat-screen TV, balcony with sea views, and three bedrooms and bathrooms. The patio also has outdoor furniture and mountain views. A car rental service is available on-site. Folklore Museum Skopelos is 7.9km away.
- Vithos – Vithos is a self-catering accommodation located just 20m from Agnontas Beach. The property offers air-conditioned studios and apartments with tasteful décor and iron beds, as well as free Wi-Fi. Each unit features a TV and DVD player, as well as a kitchenette with a refrigerator, electric kettle, and dining area. The bathroom includes free toiletries, and all units have a balcony or patio.
- Kallisti Seaside Studios Skopelos – Kallisti Studios Skopelos is located in Agnontas Village on Skopelos Island, offering a sun terrace and mountain views.
Dave is a travel writer originally from the UK, and now lives in Greece. In addition to this guide to Agnontas bay in Skopelos, he's written hundreds of other travel blog posts about Skopelos and other destinations in Greece. Get inspired to travel more by taking a look at his social media posts: