There is no direct ferry sailing from Folegandros to Tinos island in Greece. The best way to get there is to first take a Folegandros to Mykonos ferry, and then Mykonos to Tinos ferry.
Tinos island in Greece
Tinos is a picturesque island in the Cyclades group of islands in Greece. It is located in the Aegean Sea, and is well-known for its beautiful churches and monasteries.
Tinos is also a popular tourist destination, thanks to its lovely sandy beaches, crystal-clear waters and stunning landscapes. If you're looking to explore some of the most enchanting islands in Greece, be sure to add Tinos to your list!
Traveling from Folegandros to Tinos
The only way to make the trip from Folegandros island to Tinos is to use a ferry. Unfortunately, no Greek ferry companies offer a direct crossing so you'll need to do a little island hopping!
In order to travel to Tinos from Folegandros you would need to go via another island first. You'd need to swap ferries on this other island.
Cyclades Islands Ferries Island Hopping Folegandros Tinos
The best island to consider going via is Mykonos. Syros island might also be a good choice to find boats sailing to Tinos.
You possible options would be:
Folegandros to Syros and then Syros to Tinos
You can find timetables and schedules for Cyclades islands ferries at Ferryhopper.
Tinos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting Tinos in the Cyclades archipelago:
- When taking a Folegandros ferry to another island, passengers should be at the port at least a half hour before departure.
- For where to stay in Tinos, areas to consider staying include Pyrgos, Chora (Tinos town), Kionia, Agios Ioannis Porto, Agios Sostis, and Agios Romanos.
- If you are traveling to Tinos in the the months of July, August, and September, I advise reserving hotels in Tinos a month or so in advance. My guide here on where to stay in Tinos.
- While you can get around Tinos on public transport, not all of the beautiful beaches are easily reached this way. You might want to consider a rental car. Read my guide on how to get around Tinos.
- Why not plan your next trip to visit Tinos by reading my travel guide, now available on Amazon: Andros and Tinos guide.
- Ferryhopper is perhaps the easiest site to use when it comes to booking Greek ferry tickets online. Although I think it's better to book your Folegandros to Tinos ferry tickets in advance, especially during the peak months of summer.
- For more travel tips about Tinos, Folegandros and other destinations in Greece, please subscribe to my newsletter.
- Related travel blog post suggestion: Islands near Folegandros
How to make the journey from Folegandros to Tinos FAQ
Some commonly asked questions about traveling to Tinos from Folegandros using the Greek ferries include:
How can you get to Tinos from Folegandros?
The only way to travel from Folegandros to Tinos you would need to go via another island first such as Mykonos. There are no direct ferries sailing to Tinos island from Folegandros.
Is there an airport in Tinos?
There's no airport on the Greek island of Tinos, so the only way to take a trip from Folegandros to Tinos is by using the ferry network. The airport nearest to Tinos is at Mykonos.
How long is the ferry crossing from Folegandros to Tinos?
With no direct ferries going to the Cyclades island of Tinos from Folegandros, it is hard to calculate the exact travel time for ferry trips. If connections line up perfectly, it could be 6 hours or less. In the worst case, you may need to stay over night on Mykonos.
How can I buy tickets for the ferry to Tinos?
One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. Although I think it's better to book your Folegandros to Tinos ferry tickets in advance, you might also go to a travel agency in Greece after you arrive.
Dave is a travel writer based in Athens, Greece. As well as creating this travel guide to ferries from Folegandros to Tinos, he's also written hundreds more travel guides to Greek destinations. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: