There are 3 ferry crossings per day sailing from Paros to Ios island in the summer tourist season. The quickest ferry from Paros to Ios takes just 1 hour and 5 minutes.
In this article, you can find out which ferry companies sail from Paros to Ios, ferry schedules and find out where to book your Paros Ios ferry tickets online.
Paros Ios Ferry Route
If you are looking to travel between the Greek Cyclades islands of Paros and Ios, you should know that the only way to get between the two is by ferry.
Fortunately, as they are quite close neighbours, and two of the more popular islands in this part of Greece, they are well connected by ferry, especially during the high season.
In fact in August, you can expect up to 3 daily ferries sailing to Ios from Paros. These ferries to Ios from Paros are operated by Blue Star Ferries, Seajets, Golden Star Ferries.
Check out Ferryhopper for latest timetables and ferry ticket prices for island hopping in the Cyclades group and other islands in Greece.
Paros – Ios Ferries
The quickest ferry journey from Paros going to Ios takes around 1 hour and 5 minutes. This is the Golden Star Ferries vessel “SuperExpress” which is one of their high speed ferries.
As might be expected, because this is the fastest ferry it also has the most expensive ticket costs.
Ferry tickets for the Golden Star crossing start at 40.00 Euro for passengers. It's expensive, but if your time is important to you, a very good option.
The next quickest ferry crossing on the Paros to Ios route is the SeaJets vessel “Powerjet”. At 1 hour and 20 minutes, it's only fractionally slower than the Golden Star crossing, but its tickets offer much better value for money, starting at 26.80 Euro for passengers.
The slowest ferry sailing to Ios from Paros island is the Blue Star “Patmos”. This Paros Ios ferry takes around 2 hours and 10 minutes, but is the cheapest option at 17.50 Euro for passenger. Definitely the better choice for budget conscious travelers, and it doesn't add that much extra time to the journey.
Check out Ferryhopper for Greek ferry tickets and up to date timetables for all the ferry operators and crossings mentioned here.
Note: In 2021, Minoan Lines did not offer a Paros ferry to Ios as they have done in previous years. Ferry routes do change from year to year, so this may be different in the future.
Ios Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting the island of Ios from Paros Greece:
- Ferry services leave from the main port, Parikia in Paros. Arriving ferries dock at the main port, called Gialos in Ios. Aim to be at the ferry port in Paros an hour before departure. During the summer, traffic can start to jam in Paros, and you don't want to be late for you ferry ride!
- The best place to look at Greek ferries online is Ferryhopper. Greek ferries rarely sell out, but even so, I would suggest to book your Paros to Ios ferry tickets a couple of months in advance.
- For accommodation in Ios, I suggest using Booking. They have a great selection of where to stay in Ios and areas to consider staying include Chora, Manganari, and Milopotas. If you are traveling to Ios in the the busiest months of summer, I advise reserving apartments in Ios a couple of months or so in advance.
- Ios island in Greece gas some fantastic beaches. Visit one, or all of these : Kalamos, Manganari, Loretzaina , Agia Theodoti, Milopotas, and Psathi. Wondering what else there is to do there? Here's my complete Ios Island Travel Guide.
- In my experience, Ios has some of the best sunset spots in the Cyclades islands of Greece. Check out my guide here: Best places to watch the sunset in Ios
- For other travel tips about Ios, Paros and other destinations in Greece, please subscribe to my newsletter.
- You might also like to read: Islands near Paros
How to go to from Paros to Ios FAQ
A few common question about putting together an itinerary for traveling to Ios from Paros include:
How can you get to Ios from Paros?
You can travel from Paros to Ios every day of the week by ferry. In the summer, you can expect up to 3 ferries per day sailing to Ios from Paros.
Is Paros or Ios better?
When comparing Paros and Ios, we can say that Paros is definitely more expensive. Paros is also starting to show signs of over-tourism. Ios on the other hand has something of a reputation as a party island for 20 and 30 somethings.
How long is the ferry crossing from Paros to Ios?
The ferries to the Cyclades island of Ios from Paros take between 1 hour and 5 minutes and 2 hours and 10 minutes. Ferry operators on the Paros Ios route may include Blue Star Ferries, Seajets, Golden Star Ferries.
Can I make a Paros to Ios day trip
Unfortunately, the timing of the ferries on this route do not work out great for making a day trip from Paros to Ios. You'd only end up being able to spend 3 or 4 hours in Ios before having to take the ferry back to Paros.
When traveling between the Greek islands of Paros and Ios, you should know that they are only connected by ferry. Fortunately, there is no shortage of ferries between them! In fact, during the high season in August it's not uncommon to see up three daily ferries sailing from one island to another.
These crossings may vary in speed but most will take around 1 hour and 5 minutes with fares starting at 40 Euro per person on board. There is also an option for budget-conscious travelers who want some time back while still getting to their destination: The Blue Star “Patmos” ferry takes 2 hours and 10 minutes but starts at 17.50 Euro per person.
Dave is a travel writer from the UK but living in Greece since 2015. As well as creating this travel blog post about ferries from Paros to Ios, he's also written many more travel blogs about destinations in Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: