In April 2018, I began a month long bike tour in Greece I named the Labours of Hercules Bike Tour of the Peloponnese. Cycling around the Peloponnese in Greece, I based the route loosely on places mentioned in the 12 Labours of Hercules.
Cycling the Hercules Trail
The month long cycle tour in the Peloponnese of Greece was a great way to explore this part of the country. Mountains and beaches, ancient sites and lakes, the beauty of the Peloponnese of Greece is definitely best appreciated on two wheels!
During the trip, I made a vlog a day which was added to my YouTube channel, as well as creating several blog posts. This page acts as the hub to each one.
Hercules Bike Tour
Below, you'll find the information divided into two sections. The first section, covers the preparations for the bike tour in Greece and explains it in more detail. The second, provides information on a day by day basis.
If a link takes you to a blog post, the daily cycling vlog will be embedded inside. If there is no blog, the link will take you straight to a cycling vlog post from the Hercules bike tour.
The Herculean Bike Tour of the Peloponnese
Index of bike touring blog posts related to the Herculean bike tour.
- Introduction – In this post, I write about the concept behind the bike tour. Included are some of the key locations I will be visiting in the Peloponnese related to the 12 Labours of Hercules.
- Route – In this post, I go over the route for my Hercules bike tour of the Peloponnese. Embedded in the blog post is a video that also describes the route.
- Bike Touring Gear – A look at the bike touring gear I will be taking with me on my cycling trip around the Peloponnese. Much of this gear I have mentioned in similar bicycle touring gear lists, but this one is unique to this tour.
- The Bicycle – I'll be using the Stanforth Skyelander on the Herculean bike tour around the Peloponnese in Greece.
Bike Touring Vlogs and Blog Posts
If you have a nice cup of tea ready, you can check out the entire bike touring vlog playlist on YouTube by clicking – ** HERE **
For a day by day breakdown of the bike tour, take a look below.
- Day 1- Cycling from Athens to Corinth
- Day 2 – Cycling from Corinth to Nafplion
- Day 3 – Tiryns and Lerna
- Day 4 – Cycling from Nafplion to Stymphalia
- Day 5 – Cycling from Stymphalia to Akrata Beach
- Day 6 – Cycling from Akrata Beach to Kalavrita
- Day 7 – Cycling from Kalavrita to Olympia
- Days 8,9, and 10 – Ancient Olympia in Greece
- Day 11 – Cycling from Olympia to Gialova
- Day 12 – Cycling from Gialova to Finikounda
- Day 13 – Cycling from Finikounda to Petalidi
- Day 14 – Cycling from Petalidi Beach to Megalopoli
- Day 15 – Cycling from Megalopoli to Tripoli
- Day 16 – Cycling from Tripoli to Tolo
- Day 17 – Cycling from Tolo to Epidaurus
- Day 18 – Cycling from Epidaurus to Camping Glaros
- Day 19 – Cycling from Camping Glaros to Athens
After The Bike Tour
- Thoughts from the bike tour around the Peloponnese