There is one Mykonos to Sifnos ferry a day, taking between 2 hours and 25 and 2 hours and 50 minutes. The Mykonos Sifnos route is operated by Seajets.
Sifnos island in Greece
A lovely island with gorgeous villages, Sifnos has long been a popular place for Athenians but hasn't quite managed to reach the international traveler's radar yet.
As a result, it's a chilled and relaxed place that doesn't suffer from over tourism. If you're visiting directly after Mykonos, it will certainly feel very different, and my money is on you actually preferring it out of the two.
Traveling there from Mykonos is pretty easy, although there's no airport in Sifnos, so you'll have to get there by ferry.
Mykonos Sifnos Ferry Route
During the height of summer, you may expect up to 1 ferry per day from Mykonos to Sifnos. These ferries to Sifnos from Mykonos are operated by Seajets.
The quickest crossing from Mykonos going to Sifnos takes around 2 hours and 25 minutes. The slowest vessel sailing to Sifnos from Mykonos island takes around 2 hours and 55 minutes.
You can generally expect faster ferries to have more expensive tickets prices, although in this case they will probably be around the same price.
If you find that there are no direct ferries when you want to travel, you could consider going via another island first. The two most obvious choices would be to go via Paros or Syros. From these islands, you would then get an onward ferry to Sifnos.
The simplest place to look at schedules for Greek ferries is at the Ferryhopper website. You can compare travel times of crossings, ticket prices, and also book a ferry ticket online.
Sifnos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting Sifnos:
- Passengers should aim to be at the Mykonos ferry port at least a half hour before departure. Keep in mind the high season island traffic!
- For places to stay in Sifnos, I recommend looking at Booking. for suitable places in Kamares, Apollonia, Platis Gialos, Faros, and Kastro. They have a great selection of accommodation options in Sifnos that are easy to find. If you are traveling to Sifnos in the tourist season, I advise reserving accommodation in Sifnos a month or so in advance.
- I find that the Ferryhopper website is the best place to book ferry tickets online for the Cyclades islands in Greece. I suggest you book your Mykonos to Sifnos ferry tickets in advance, especially during the busy summer months and particularly if you want to travel in August.
- For more travel tips on Sifnos, Mykonos and other places in Greece, sign up for my newsletter.
- You might also like to read: Athens to Sifnos ferry services
- Here's a look at other islands you can reach from Mykonos: Islands near Mykonos
Mykonos to Sifnos Ferry FAQ
A few travel tips for visiting Sifnos after spending time on the island of Mykonos:
How do we get to Sifnos from Mykonos?
In order to make the trip from Mykonos to Sifnos the best way is to take a ferry. There is normally 1 ferry per day sailing directly to the Cyclades island of Sifnos from Mykonos. There are various options for other indirect routes via islands such as Paros and Syros.
Is there an airport on Sifnos?
There is no airport in the Greek island of Sifnos, so the only way to take the journey from Mykonos to Sifnos is by the ferry services. The nearest airport to Sifnos is at Paros or Milos.
How long is the ferry ride from Mykonos to Sifnos?
The ferries to Sifnos island from Mykonos take between 2 hours and 25 minutes and 2 hours and 55 minutes. Ferry operators on the Mykonos Sifnos route may include Seajets.
How do I buy ferry tickets to Sifnos?
Ferryhopper is perhaps the easiest site to use when it comes to booking Greek ferry tickets online. Although I suggest you book your Mykonos to Sifnos ferry tickets in advance, you could also use a local travel agency in Greece.
Dave is a travel writer from the UK but living in Greece since 2015. In addition to writing this guide about ferries from Mykonos to Sifnos, he's written hundreds more guides to other popular destinations in Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond:
Have you taken the ferry from Mykonos to Sifnos? Do you have any suggestions that might help other tourists with their next trip? Leave a comment below!