During the peak months of summer, there can be up to 3 or 4 ferries a day from Tinos to Paros. These ferries to Paros from Tinos are operated by SeaJets, Golden Star Ferries, and Fast Ferries.
Tinos Paros Ferry Route
The Greek islands of Tinos and Paros are two popular destinations in the Cyclades group of islands in Greece. This means there are plenty of direct ferries sailing from Tinos to Paros during the high season when most visitors to the Cyclades islands are island hopping.
The fastest direct ferry from Tinos going to Paros takes around 1 hour and 20 minutes. The slowest ferry ride to Paros from Tinos island takes around 2 hours and 35 minutes.
Tinos to Paros Ferry tickets
The cheapest ferry trip between Tinos island and Paros costs 30 Euros on the SeaJets Superstar vessel.
The most expensive crossing on the Tinos Paros ferry route is 38 Euros, and this also has the fastest travel times.
Take a look at an up to date ferry schedule, find details of trips, and book a ticket online at Ferryscanner.
Paros Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips that will help you explore Paros island and plan a vacation itinerary for your time there:
- Ferry services leave from the island's port in Tinos Town in Tinos. Passengers should aim to be at island departure ports at least a half an hour in advance of departure if they already have a ticket.
- Ferries arrive at the main port, Parikia in Paros. This is also the main town on the island, and is a good place to stay if you only expect to be in Paros for a day or two.
- Other areas to consider staying include Aliki, Piso Livadi, Chrissi Akti, and Naousa. If you plan to visit Paros in July or August, you'll need to book a hotel a few months in advance. Check here for accommodation options: Where to stay in Paros
- Spend time on some of the top rated beaches in Paros: Kolymbithres, Santa Maria, Pounda, Agia Irini, Chrissi Akti, Monastiri, and Logaras. Take a look at my guide here: Best beaches in Paros
- You can find useful tips on what to see and do in Paros here >> Things to do in Paros, Greece – The Complete Guide!
- The best place to look for the Tinos to Paros ferry schedules, check prices, and book tickets online is at Ferryscanner.
- For other travel tips about Paros, Tinos and other destinations in Greece, sign up for my newsletter.
- Related travel post suggestion: Paros Travel Blog
How to prevent seasickness on the journey
The Meltemi winds often blow through the Cyclades during the summer. Conventional ferries are less affected, but most ferries on the route Tinos to Syros are high speed ferries.
There are a few things that you can do to prevent seasickness while sailing from Tinos to Paros. Some people find that sitting by a window and looking out at the horizon can help, while others prefer to stay in the middle of the boat. It is also recommended to avoid eating greasy or spicy foods before boarding.
There is some anecdotal evidence to suggest that ginger may help prevent seasickness. Some people find that sucking on ginger candy or drinking ginger tea may help, while others prefer to take ginger capsules.
How to take a trip from Tinos to Paros FAQ
Questions about about traveling to the destination of Paros from Tinos include:
How do I get to Paros from Tinos?
As with other islands in the Cyclades, the only way to travel from Tinos to Paros is by using a ferry. There are 3 or 4 ferries a day sailing to the island of Paros from Tinos.
Is there an airport on Paros?
Paros has an airport which only has domestic connections with the much bigger international airport of Athens.
How many hours is the ferry from Tinos to Paros?
The distance between Tinos and Paros is quite short, and a ferry trip takes between 1 hour and 20 minutes and 2 hours and 35 minutes. Ferry operators on the Tinos Paros route may include SeaJets, Golden Star Ferries, and Fast Ferries.
Where can I buy tickets for the ferry to Paros?
I find that the Ferryhopper website is the best place to book ferry tickets online. Although I recommend you book your Tinos to Paros ferry tickets in advance, you might also prefer to use a travel agency in Greece when you have arrived.
Making a trip from Tinos to Paros is easy and can be done by using one of the many ferries that operate on the route – there's over 20 a week! The journey takes between 1 hour and 20 minutes and 2 hours and 35 minutes, depending on which ferry company you choose.
Leave a Reply