There are 2 or 3 weekly ferries from Syros to Anafi island in Greece during the summer months, with Blue Star Ferries and SeaJets both offering services.
How to get from Syros to Anafi
If you want to travel from Syros to the island of Anafi in Greece, you've got two basic choices. The first, is to wait for a direct ferry, which usually runs two or three times a week. The second, is to take an indirect route via Santorini.
The upside of taking an indirect route, is that you can travel on more or less any day of the week. The downside is that the overall travel time is likely to be longer, and more expensive.
If you want to take the indirect route, these two guide may be useful:
It could be that a direct ferry will suit you better if the dates that the ferry runs align with your travel plans. You should note that even though Syros has an airport, flights between the islands of Syros and Anafi are not an option.
Direct Ferries to Anafi from Syros
During the tourist season, there might be up to 2 or 3 ferries a week from Syros to Anafi. These ferries to Anafi from Syros are operated by SeaJets and Blue Star Ferries.
Some weeks 3 ferries may run, and others two during the tourist travel period (roughly June through September). Outside of these times, ferries may have a frequency as low as once a week.
The fastest ferry from Syros going to Anafi takes around 6 hours and 15 minutes. The slowest ferry boat sailing to Anafi from Syros island takes around 7 and a half hours.
You can generally expect faster ferries to have more expensive tickets prices. If you want to check schedules and book tickets for the ferry online, check out Ferryhopper.
Anafi Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting the Greek island of Anafi after Syros:
- Ferry services leave from Ermoupoli port in Syros. Arriving ferries dock at the main port, Agios Nikolaos in Anafi.
- For rooms to rent in Anafi, I recommend Booking. They have a great choice of hotels in Anafi and areas to consider staying include Roukounas, and Chora. If you are going to Anafi in the busiest months for travel, I advise reserving places to stay in Anafi a month or so in advance.
- Make sure to check out these beaches in Anafi: Klisidi, Roukounas, Flamourou, Katsouni, and Monastiri.
- One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book your Syros to Anafi ferry tickets in advance, especially during the peak months of summer, but you can also visit a local ticket or travel agency on the islands or in Athens where you can buy tickets in person.
- For other travel tips about Anafi, Syros and other destinations in Greece, please sign up for my newsletter.
- You might also like to read: Beach Quotes – Feel the holiday vibe with these beach captions
How to make a trip from Syros to Anafi FAQ
A few of the frequently asked questions about traveling to Anafi from Syros include:
How can I get to Anafi from Syros?
The best way to make the trip from Syros to Anafi is by ferry boat. There are up to 2 or 3 ferries a week sailing to the Cyclades island of Anafi from Syros during the summer tourism season.
Is there an airport on Anafi?
The island of Anafi does not have an airport. The closest airport to Anafi is on nearby Santorini.
How long is the ferry ride from Syros to Anafi?
The ferries to the island of Anafi from Syros take between 6 hours and 15 minutes and 7 and a half hours. Ferry operators on the Syros Anafi route may include SeaJets and Blue Star Ferries.
Where do you get ferry tickets to Anafi?
The best place to look at Greek ferries online is Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book your Syros to Anafi ferry tickets in advance, but you might also go to a travel agency in Greece after you arrive.
Dave is a travel writer who has been based in Greece since 2015. As well as writing this travel blog post about ferries from Syros to Anafi, he's created hundred's more travel guides. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: