These day trips in Milos are perfect for experiencing this incredible Greek island in the Cyclades. Here's the best excursions, activities and boat tours in Milos Greece.
Milos Day Trip Ideas
The Greek island of Milos is gaining a higher profile thanks to its unique landscapes, marvelous beaches, and great food. I've now visited Milos twice, and can't wait to return for a third time!
Milos certainly has plenty to offer, and if you're looking for an indepth guide, take a look at my Milos Island Travel Guide.In this post though, I want to share with you a selection of the best organised tours in Milos. Adding one of these into your Milos travel itinerary is a good idea if you only have a short time on the island. It's also essential if you want to visit Kleftiko Bay.
Milos Boat Tours
One of the best ways to see the island, is by taking a Milos boat tour. Being able to see the coastline from the sea reveals some amazing views, and is the easiest way to get to places such as Kleftiko Bay.
I've selected some of the best Milos sailing tours below for you to look at.
Kleftiko Full Day Sailing Cruise
Kleftiko Bay is a must-see during any holiday in Milos. There are a number of different Milos boat trips to Kleftiko, all offering slightly varying itineraries.
This 10 hour tour starts from Adamas, and will take you to Kleftiko and back on a comfortable yacht. There's time to see other beaches and the fantastic coastline of Milos along the way.
Highlights of this daily boat tour to Kleftiko in Milos include the snorkeling, underwater photos, and rib boat tour of the caves at Kleftiko.
Find out more, and book a tour here: Kleftiko Full Day Sailing Cruise with Snorkeling and Lunch
Full Day Sailing Cruise Milos Highlights
If you prefer a more personal experience, but can't quite shell out for a private tour, this small group sailing tour in Milos could be an answer.
The group size is limited to a maximum of 10 participants, and takes you to areas of Milos that are inaccessible by land.
Obvious highlights of this 8 hour tour that starts and finishes in Adamas are being able to visit Kleftiko Beach, frequent swim and snorkel stops, and a more personalised touch.
Book a tour here: Milos Highlights – Full Day Sailing Cruise in a Small Group
Milos & Poliegos Island Cruise with Lunch
This island cruise from Milos also includes Kleftiko in the itinerary, but adds in a swim at nearby Poliegos island.
With lots of opportunity to take photos of dramatic coastlines and shore areas, swimming and snorkeling, you also get to enjoy the scenic views of traditional fishing villages.
The colourful houses of the fishing villages are known as “syrmatas”, and you'll have lots of great photos of villages such as Skinopi, Klima, Areti, and Fourkovouni.
Book a trip here: Milos & Poliegos Island Cruise
There are other day trip ideas in Milos you can choose from. Here's a few listed below.
Milos Kayaking Tour to Tsigrado and Gerakas Beach
Why not combine sightseeing with a little fun and activity? This kayaking trip certainly has you covered!
During this 3 hour kayaking trip, you'll have an action camera to record whatever takes your interest. Perhaps it will be some sea caves, or remote beaches. You might even be lucky enough to get a sea turtle on film!
Book an excursion here: Milos Kayaking Tour to Tsigrado and Gerakas Beach
Best of Milos Island Tour
If you are not too keen on taking to the water, and don't really want to drive around Milos, this day trip is worth consideration.
During this 8 hour tour of some of the main Milos attractions, you'll be part of a small group numbering no more than 8 people.
Highlights include exploring the almost lunar landscape of Sarakiniko, the Christian catacombs, walking around Plaka, and a couple of beach swims.
For more details look here: Best of Milos Island Tour
Day trips from Milos
Whether you want to go on a sailing trip, see the colourful fishing villages, or explore a part of the island you can't reach yourself, an organized half day or full day tour is a good way to experience more of Milos.
Here's a complete list of the best Milos day tours:
- Kleftiko Full Day Sailing Cruise with Snorkeling & Lunch – Spend the day aboard a beautiful yacht. Explore the lovely beaches of Milos and the famed Kleftiko pirates' bay. In Kleftiko, join a snorkeling trip and take underwater shots while swimming.
- Milos Highlights: Full Day Sailing Cruise in a Small Group – Take a full day cruise to the west of the island, visiting the famous old pirate's bay at Kleftiko and the Sykia cave, which are both difficult to access by land.
- Milos: Full-Day All-Inclusive Cruise with Snorkeling – Spend a fantastic day on an all-inclusive cruise on a spacious 55-foot sailing boat. Explore regions of West Milos that are inaccessible by foot or vehicle, as well as the enormous Sykia and Kleftiko pirate bay caves.
- Milos: Kayaking Tour to Tsigrado and Gerakas Beach – Paddle along the coast of the beautiful island of Milos and experience the natural splendor of its majestic rocky formations. Explore hidden caverns, swim in turquoise waters, sample traditional foods, and film every occurrence with action cameras.
- Milos: Half-Day Morning Cruise to Kleftiko and Gerakas – A half-day cruise allows you to explore the untamed western aspect of Milos. Visit Kalogries, a remote beach and the notorious Pirate Bay of Kleftiko with amazing blue waters.
- Milos Island: Archaeology & Culture Tour – On Milos Island, you may learn more about the island's customs and history. Take in the magnificent views of the Aegean Sea and colorful fishing villages.
FAQ about Tours in Milos
Here are some commonly asked questions that may help in you Milos trip planning.
How many days do you need in Milos?
In my opinion, 3 days is the bare minimum needed in Milos. This will give you an opportunity to take a day trip to Kleftiko Bay, and enjoy the Milos beaches such as the famous Sarakiniko Beach.
Can you visit Kimolos on a day trip from Milos?
It's very easy to take a day trip from Milos to Kimolos, as there is a local ferry running between the two close islands several times a day. I've a guide here on how to get from Milos to Kimolos by ferry.
Guide here: Things to do in Kimolos island
What is the best area to stay in Milos?
For stays of just a few nights, Adamas is the best area to stay in Milos island. There's plenty of accommodation choices, and the port is also the departure point for most of the boat tours in Milos. Read more here: Where to stay in Milos.
What is Milos famous for?
Until a few years ago, Milos was best known as being the place where the world-famous Venus de Milo statue was discovered. In recent years though, Milos has become famous as the Island of Colors thanks to its unusual volcanic landscape, sparkling blue waters and colorfully painted fisherman's houses.
A Guide To Milos Day Trips
We'd love you to share this travel guide to the best Milos day trips on social media. Please use the sharing buttons in the bottom righthand corner of your screen to pin the image below.
You can also follow Dave on social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube.
You might also want to check out: