You can easily travel from Paros to Koufonisia island by taking any of the 3 daily ferries sailing in the summer. The Paros Koufonisia ferry journey has an average time of 2 hours.
Koufonisia island in Greece
Traveling to the island of Koufonisia after Paros is a good choice for anyone looking for a perfect beach destination.
While it would be a stretch to say that Koufonisia is an undiscovered gem, it is far less touristic than Paros.
Due to its small size and the desire to keep the island as pristine as possible, you can't hire a car or quad here.
Instead, you can reach just about anywhere on foot, and you can hire bicycles to get around.
Just writing about it makes me want to go back already!
How to get from Paros to Koufonisia
Koufonisia is well connected with Paros during the summer by ferry.
There's two main operators providing services between Paros and Koufonsia, which are Blue Star Ferries and SeaJets.
The quickest crossing from Paros going to Koufonisia takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes. The slow ferry sailing to Koufonisia from Paros island takes around 3 hours and 5 minutes.
You might find that Blue Star ferries offer the cheapest Koufonisia ferry tickets. You should expect ticket prices to be between 21.00 Euro and 29.00 Euro
I find that Ferryhopper is a good website to use to book ferry tickets online. They also have up to date schedules you can use to plan your trip.
Koufonisia Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting Koufonisia island:
- Ferries leave from the main port, Parikia in Paros. Arriving ferries dock at the main port in Chora in Koufonisia.
- For places to stay in Koufonisia, have a look at Booking. They have a great choice of apartments in Koufonisia, all of which are in and around Chora. I've previously stayed in Archipelagos hotel, a few minutes walk from the village. They offer spacious rooms with a kitchenette. If you're planning to be in Koufonisia in July and August, you really want to think about booking rooms 3 or 4 months in advance.
- Spend time on some of the top rated beach in Koufonisia: Finikas, Ammos, Pori, Fanos, and Italida. Read my complete guide to the beaches and more here: Koufonissi
- The easiest way to get hold of ferry tickets in Greece is by using Ferryhopper. Book your Paros to Koufonisia ferry tickets in advance, especially during the height of the tourist season.
- For further travel insights on Koufonisia, Paros and other Greek destinations, please sign up for my newsletter.
- Related travel post suggestion: Best islands in the Cyclades
How to get from Paros to Koufonisia FAQ
A few of the questions readers ask about traveling to Koufonisia from Paros include:
How can we get to Koufonisia from Paros?
There are 2 or 3 ferries per day sailing to the Greek island of Koufonisia from Paros during the summer tourist season.
Is there an airport in Koufonisia?
The Cyclades island of Koufonisia does not have an airport. The closest island with an airport is Naxos, which has daily flight connections with Athens.
How long is the ferry ride from Paros to Koufonisia?
The ferries to the island of Koufonisia from Paros take between 1 hour and 30 minutes and 3 hours and 5 minutes. Ferry operators on the Paros Koufonisia route may include Blue Star Ferries and SeaJets.
How can I buy tickets for the ferry to Koufonisia?
The best place to look at Greek ferries online is Ferryhopper. Although I suggest you book your Paros to Koufonisia ferry tickets in advance, you could also wait until you are in Greece, and use a travel agency.
You might also be interested in these other travel guides about Greece:
- Greece in June: Weather, Travel Tips and Insights From A Local
- Naxos Or Paros – Which Greek Island Is Better And Why
- Islands near Paros you can visit before or after
- What are the Meltemi winds in Greece?