There are 6 or 7 Paros to Mykonos ferry crossings per day during the summer, with the quickest Paros Mykonos ferry taking just 40 minutes.
Paros Mykonos Ferry Route
Both Paros and Mykonos are among two of the most popular places to visit in the Cyclades islands of Greece.
As the two islands are quite close by to one another, they also make a natural pairing to include in an island travel itinerary. There are daily ferry connections between Paros and Mykonos.
During the high season (July and August in particular), there can be between 6 and 7 ferry crossings per day from Paros to Mykonos.
The quickest crossings from Paros going to Mykonos takes around 40 minutes. The slowest ferry journey sailing to Mykonos from Paros takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Ferry ticket prices for the boat from Paros to Mykonos vary depending on the ferry company and the vessel. Fast Ferries have the cheapest Paros to Mykonos ferry ticket prices at 36.00 Euros. SeaJets (who sail more regularly) have tickets starting at 51.90 Euro.
Find the latest schedules book a ticket for the ferry from Paros to Mykonos at: Ferryhopper
To help plan your voyage, this comprehensive guide outlines the ferry options available throughout the summer of 2023, including May, June, July, August, and September.
Paros to Mykonos Ferry Crossings in May 2023
May marks the beginning of the summer season, offering around 113 ferries sailing from Paros to Mykonos throughout the month.
You will find between 6 and 9 ferries operating daily, with the choice of various ferry services including SUPEREXPRESS, SUPERJET, SEAJET 2, SUPER JET 2, THUNDER, SIFNOS JET, EXPRESS JET, SANTORINI PALACE, FAST FERRIES ANDROS, and SUPERCAT JET.
Travel times range between 40 minutes for the quickest crossing and 1 hour and 30 minutes for the slowest ferry.
Paros Mykonos Ferries in June 2023
June sees a significant increase in ferry trips from Paros to Mykonos, with approximately 342 ferries available during the month. The daily frequency remains consistent, featuring between 7 and 9 ferries sailing on this route.
Popular ferry companies operating in June include SUPEREXPRESS, SUPERJET, SEAJET 2, SUPER JET 2, THUNDER, SIFNOS JET, EXPRESS JET, SANTORINI PALACE, FAST FERRIES ANDROS, and SUPERCAT JET.
Travelers can expect the quickest ferry to take 40 minutes, while the slowest crossing will span 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Find the latest timetables and book a ticket for the boat from Paros to Mykonos at: Ferryhopper
Ferries from Paros to Mykonos in July 2023
In July, the peak summer month, approximately 410 ferries are available between Paros and Mykonos. The daily frequency remains similar to previous months, with between 7 and 9 ferries traversing this route depending on the day of the week.
Ferries are more or less the same as previous months: SUPEREXPRESS, SUPERJET, SEAJET 2, SUPER JET 2, THUNDER, SIFNOS JET, EXPRESS JET, SANTORINI PALACE, FAST FERRIES ANDROS, and SUPERCAT JET.
Travel times in July range between a brisk 40 minutes for the fastest ferry and 1 hour and 30 minutes for the slowest.
Ferry Paros to Mykonos August 2023
August maintains a high frequency of ferry trips, with an estimated 407 ferries connecting Paros and Mykonos. As with previous months, passengers can expect 7 to 9 daily crossings.
August is the peak season for travel in Greece by ferry. It's advised to get your Paros Mykonos ferry tickets at least a few weeks in advance. You'll also want to make sure you have chosen where to stay in Mykonos and have your hotel booked as well.
The quickest ferry journey is still 40 minutes, with the slowest taking up to 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Boat from Paros to Mykonos September 2023
As summer winds down in September, around 350 ferries sail from Paros to Mykonos. The daily frequency of 7 to 9 ferries remains consistent with previous months.
The ferries operating during September include SUPEREXPRESS, SUPERJET, SEAJET 2, SUPER JET 2, THUNDER, SIFNOS JET, EXPRESS JET, SANTORINI PALACE, FAST FERRIES ANDROS, and SUPERCAT JET.
Travel times in September are the same as prior months, with the quickest ferry taking 40 minutes and the slowest requiring 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Book tickets for this trip at Ferryhopper.
Can I fly Paros Mykonos?
Although both of these Cyclades islands have airports, it is not possible to fly between the two of them. Paros airport currently only has connections with the main airport in Athens.
Mykonos Island Travel Tips
Let me share a tip or two that will make getting to your destination in Mykonos a little easier:
- Ferries sail from the main port, Parikia in Paros. It's best to arrive at the port early (I like to be there an hour before). Traffic can build up in town when ferries arrive and leave, so you don't want to be stuck in a traffic jam with the countdown clock ticking away!
- Ferries arrive at New Tourlos port, a few kilometres from Mykonos Town in Mykonos. You can take a bus into Mykonos Town (which may be crowded) or pre-book a taxi using Welcome.
- For accommodation in Mykonos, take a look at Booking. Areas to consider staying include Mykonos Town, Psarou, Agios Stefanos, Megali Ammos, Ornos, Platis Gialos, and Agios Ioannis. If you are traveling to Mykonos in the busy summer months, I advise reserving hotels in Mykonos a few months in advance. I've a good guide here: Where to stay in Mykonos.
- Readers recommend visiting the following beaches in Mykonos: Super Paradise, Platis Gialos, Agrari, Kalafatis, Lia, Paradise, and Agios Sostis. Check out my beach guide: Best beaches in Mykonos.
- Ferryhopper is perhaps the easiest site to use when it comes to booking Ferry tickets online. You can check your Paros to Mykonos schedule, search for different options, and book Greek ferry tickets online.
- Related blog post suggestion: Best time to visit Mykonos
What to see in Mykonos
There are many different things to do in Mykonos, here are some of the highlights:
- Take a walk around Mykonos Old Town
- Sunset drinks at Little Venice
- Admire the view from the famous Mykonos Windmills
- Check out all those fabulous beaches
- See for yourself why Mykonos is called the Party Island
- Explore Ancient Delos Archaeological Site
- See more of Mykonos on a day trip
Here are some Mykonos sightseeing itineraries that might appeal to you:
- One day in Mykonos itinerary
- 3 days in Mykonos itinerary and travel guides
- Best Mykonos tours and day trips
- Day trip to Delos
Paros to Mykonos Ferry FAQ
Some commonly asked questions about traveling to Mykonos from Paros include:
How do I get from Paros to Mykonos?
You can only travel from Paros to Mykonos in Greece by ferry. There are between 3 and 5 ferries per day sailing to Mykonos from Paros in the high season summer months.
Is there an airport on Mykonos?
Although the Greek island of Mykonos has an airport, taking a plane between Paros and Mykonos is not an option. If you prefer to fly from Paros to the island of Mykonos you'd need to go via Athens should flights be available.
How long is the ferry from Paros to Mykonos?
The ferries to the Cyclades island of Mykonos from Paros take between 40 minutes and 1 hours and 30 minutes. Ferry operators on the Paros Mykonos route may include Golden Star Ferries, Seajets, Minoan Lines, and Fast Ferries.
Where can I buy tickets for the ferry to Mykonos?
The easiest way to get hold of ferry tickets in Greece is by using Ferryhopper. Although I suggest you book your Paros to Mykonos ferry tickets in advance, you could also wait until you are in Greece, and use a travel agency.
Which is better Paros or Mykonos?
The two Greek islands will appeal to different people. Mykonos has the better nightlife and beaches, but Paros has nicer towns and villages, is not as expensive, and has less of a pretentious edge to it.
I hope this travel guide has been helpful for you and that you find it a great help in getting to your destination in Mykonos.
Dave is a travel writer living in and writing about Greece. As well as writing this travel blog post about ferries from Paros to Mykonos, he's written hundreds more guides to other destinations in Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: