Are there any such thing as adventure proof sunglasses? SunGod think so, and have even trademarked the term Adventureproof. Read on to see if they matched up to the hype in this SunGod Sunglasses Review.
SunGod sunglasses review
Adventure travel gear has to be durable and hard-wearing. Well designed, and effective. So, when SunGod asked if I would like to review their ‘Adventureproof' sunglasses, I was interested to see what they had come up with.
Please note – Although the Sungods sunglasses were provided free of charge for this SunGod sunglasses review, all opinions are my own.
First Impressions of the Sungod glasses
Before I begin the Sungod review, I would just like to put in a good word about their customer service. The sunglasses at first appeared to have been lost in the Greek postal service.
SunGod offered to send another pair out immediately with no questions asked. In the end, the original sunglasses turned up, and I didn't have to order another pair, but I appreciated their gesture all the same.
The SunGods Sunglasses were packaged in a neat looking white and blue box. Inside, were the glasses contained in a microfibre pouch, a small booklet, and a couple of stickers.
The first thing you notice as you take the glasses out, is the #adventureproof hashtag on the inside of the box. This is the marketing angle of these glasses, but the question is, does it live up to the hype?
SunGod Classics Review – The sunglasses
Now, I am not sure if I should write about if I like the design of the SunGod Classics or not. The reason is, that whether or you or I like the way a pair of sunglasses looks is very subjective.
I tend to opt for a more wrap-around style of sunglasses, because I think it suits my face better. It also stops sunlight ‘coming in at the sides' when cycling or hiking.
The SunGod sunglasses are in a more ‘classic' design though, which is currently more fashionable.
Wearing the SunGod Classics
Don't be frightened by the picture of me folks! Remember, it's the sunglasses you should be looking at!
OK, back to the SunGods sunglasses review. The glasses feel really comfortable when they are worn, and the frames are flexible, yet strong. Some sunglasses can be irritating when worn for a while, but these plastic framed glasses feel like they are not even there, even after 6 or more hour's on the beach!
After a while, I also got used to their design, and so I took them out for an hours cycling. Again, they were nice and comfortable to wear. They were also remarkably clear to look through, and at times, I even forgot that I was wearing them.
SunGod Review – Conclusion
At £45.00 a pair, I would say that the SunGod Classics are pretty well priced. For that, you get a well made pair of glasses, which are designed to look good, and survive the road when travelling.
Additionally, the glasses are covered by a lifetime guarantee, which will definitely appeal to some people. In my opinion, they represent great value for money.
Additional note – I used these sunglasses during my cycle tour from Greece to England, and after 3000 kms, I had no complaints at all!
If you are after a pair of sunglasses, and you are thinking to buy a pair after this SunGod Classics review, then please use this link >> SunGod Classics The price remains the same for you, and I will earn a small commission which helps pay my web hosting fees.
I use lots of different types of gear during my bike tours and other travel adventures. Here's a few more reviews and posts that you might find a useful read:
- Best Powerbank for bike touring
- 7 Reasons to take a Powerbank on your next Bike Tour
- Bicycle Touring Gear List For Cycling From Greece To England
- Cycle Touring Kit List For A Month Bike Tour In Greece
- Bicycle Touring Gear List for a One Week Cycle Tour
- Bike Touring Gear List For The Hercules Bike Tour of Peloponnese
- Bike Touring Gear List For A One Week Tour – Credit Card Touring
- Bike Touring Essentials – 10 Items I Always Take On A Bike Tour
- Wild Camping Essentials List
- Brooks C17 Review | Is the Brooks Cambium C17 good for bike touring?
- Brooks B17 Saddle – The Best Brooks Touring Saddle For Your Butt!
- Butterfly Handlebars – Are Trekking Bars The Best for Bicycle Touring?
- What are the best pedals for bike touring?
- Topeak Mini Dual DXG Pump – Bicycle Touring Gear
- Bike Touring Tools – Best Bike Multi Tool for Bicycle Touring
- Swiss Army Knife – Never Travel Without One
- Best Bike Tools For Maintenance At Home