There are two or three ferries per week sailing from Syros island to Andros in Greece during the summer. The Syros Andros ferry route takes 3 hours or less.
How to get from Syros to Andros
Although the Greek islands of Syros and Andros are relatively close together, they are not particularly well connected by ferry. In fact, there are just two or three direct ferry services per week depending on the time of year.
These ferries usually go via another island first, typically Tinos, which means that the journey is not as quick as one might expect.
The fastest boat from Syros going to Andros takes around 1 hour and 55 minutes. The slowest ferry boat sailing to Andros from Syros island takes around 3 hours.
These ferries to Andros from Syros are operated by SeaJets and Blue Star Ferries. Usually, the quicker boats also have more expensive ticket costs. Try using Ferryhopper in order to book ferry tickets online.
Indirect Ferries to Andros from Syros
If the frequency of direct ferries is not often enough for your travel plans, you may be able to travel to Andros from Syros on an indirect ferry. Whilst this would have a much longer travel time overall, it would mean that you could travel on pretty much any day of the week.
The best option would be to first get a ferry from Syros to Tinos which has connections at least once per day. You can then easily get a ferry from Tinos to Andros, as there are normally around four ferry services per day connecting these two islands.
Andros Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting Andros island from Syros:
- Ferry services leave from Ermoupoli port in Syros. Arriving ferries dock at Gavrio port in Andros.
- For hotels in Andros, take a look at Booking. They have a great range of accommodation in Andros and areas to consider staying include Korthi, Batsi, Agios Petros, and Chora. If you are traveling to Andros in the peak months of summer, I advise reserving places to stay in Andros a month or so in advance. Take a look at my complete guide: Where to stay in Andros.
- Make sure to check out these beaches in Andros: Zorkos, Chrissi Ammos, Grias to Pidima, Achla, Fellos, Vlychada, and Korthi. Read my Andros Island Travel Guide for more details!
- One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets online is at Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book your Syros to Andros ferry tickets in advance, especially during the busiest months for travel, but there are plenty of local travel agencies and ferry ticket offices on the Greek islands you can use.
- For more travel information about Andros, Syros and other Greek destinations, please sign up for my newsletter.
- Related travel post suggestion: Beach Quotes – Feel the holiday vibe with these beach captions
How to go to from Syros to Andros FAQ
A few common question about traveling to Andros from Syros include:
How can I get to Andros from Syros?
The best way to take a trip from Syros to Andros is to use a ferry. There are between 2 and 3 ferries per week sailing to the island of Andros from Syros.
Is there an airport in Andros?
The island of Andros in Greece does not have an airport. The closest major airport to Andros island is in Athens.
How long is the ferry crossing from Syros to Andros?
The ferries to Andros from Syros take between 1 hour and 55 minutes and 3 hours. Ferry operators on the Syros Andros route may include SeaJets and Blue Star Ferries.
How do I buy ferry tickets to Andros?
The best place to look at Greek ferries online is Ferryhopper. I think it's better that you book your Syros to Andros ferry tickets in advance, you might also prefer to use a travel agency in Greece when you have arrived.
Dave is a travel writer living in and writing about Greece. In addition to writing this guide about ferries from Syros to Andros, he's written many more travel blog posts about destinations in Greece. Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: