There are up to 2 ferries per day sailing from Santorini to Sifnos during the summer tourist season. This travel guide has information on the Santorini Sifnos route.
Sifnos island in Greece
Outstanding architecture, natural beauty, tasty food and low-key tourism are the hallmarks of Sifnos in Greece.
With other big name destinations in the Cyclades hogging all the spotlight, Sifnos has retained its authentic edge, along with more wallet friendly prices for accommodation.
During the summer, there are now regular ferries connecting Santorini with Sifnos, meaning that it's a good addition to a Greek island hopping trip.
How to get from Santorini to Sifnos
There is no airport in the island of Sifnos, so the only way to make a trip from Santorini to Sifnos is to use a ferry.
During the busiest months for travel in the summer, you may expect up to 1-2 ferries per day from Santorini to Sifnos. These ferries to Sifnos from Santorini are operated by Zante Ferries and SeaJets.
Ferries to Sifnos from Santorini
The fastest ferry from Santorini going to Sifnos takes around 3 hours. The slowest ferry sailing to Sifnos from Santorini island takes around 6 hours and 10 minutes.
As a general rule, the faster the ferry, the more expensive the ticket may be.
The easiest way to book ferry tickets online is by using Ferryhopper.
Sifnos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting the island of Sifnos:
- Booking have a range of accommodation in Sifnos to suit all styles and budgets.
- When it comes to booking ferries online, it doesn't get any better than Ferryhopper. With up to date schedules and the same pricing as visiting each individual ferry operators website, it's what I use to book Greek ferry tickets.
- For inside travel tips, guides and more why not sign up for my regular emails?
- Welcome provide a pre-booked taxis service that can pick you up from your hotel in Santorini and take you to the port in time for the ferry to Sifnos. It's a much more convenient method of transport than boarding a full bus with all your luggage.
What to see in Sifnos Greece
Sifnos is the type of Greek island you visit for a relaxing holiday, so it's best not to run around too much.
It's more about the experiences and feeling you have than the ‘must see' highlights. Of course, there's always more things to do in Sifnos than simply laying in the sun. Here's a few ideas:
- Taste the local cuisine (the best food in the Cyclades according to some)
- Visit the Chrisopigi Monastery in Sifnos
- Explore the Kastro
- Go to the enchanting village of Artemonas
- Find stunning viewpoints (try Agios Simeon Monastery!)
- Use the hiking paths to get to beaches and villages in Sifnos
- Check out a new beach every day!
Related: My guide to Food in Greece
How to make the trip from Santorini to Sifnos FAQ
A few of the questions readers ask about traveling to Sifnos from Santorini include:
How can I get to Sifnos from Santorini?
The best way to take the journey from Santorini to Sifnos is by ferry. There are up to 1-2 ferries per day sailing to the Cyclades island of Sifnos from Santorini.
Does Sifnos have an airport?
There isn't an airport on the Greek island of Sifnos, so the only way to make the journey from Santorini to Sifnos is by taking a ferry. The closest islands with airports to Sifnos are Milos and Paros.
How long is the ferry from Santorini to Sifnos?
The ferries to Sifnos island from Santorini take between 3 hours, and 6 hours and 10 minutes. Ferry operators on the Santorini Sifnos route may include Zante Ferries and SeaJets.
How can I buy tickets for the ferry to Sifnos?
One of the best places to look at ferry schedules and to book tickets to Sifnos online is at Ferryhopper. Although I suggest you book your Santorini to Sifnos ferry tickets in advance, you could also wait until you are in Greece, and use a travel agency.
Other Islands To Visit After Santorini
If you haven't quite decided which island to visit directly after Santorini yet, these other guides show which choices you have:
- How to get from Santorini to Amorgos
- How to get from Santorini to Anafi
- How to get from Santorini to Andros
- How to get from Santorini to Antiparos
- How to get from Santorini to Donoussa
- How to get from Santorini to Folegandros
- How to get from Santorini to Ios
- How to get from Santorini to Iraklia
- How to get from Santorini to Kea
- How to get from Santorini to Kimolos
- How to get from Santorini to Koufonisia
- How to get from Santorini to Kythnos
- How to get from Santorini to Milos
- How to get from Santorini to Mykonos
- How to get from Santorini to Naxos
- How to get from Santorini to Paros
- How to get from Santorini to Schinoussa
- How to get from Santorini to Serifos
- How to get from Santorini to Sikinos
- How to get from Santorini to Syros
- How to get from Santorini to Tinos
– Dave Briggs
Dave is a travel writer living in Greece since 2015. He's written hundreds of travel blog posts such as this one about how to get from Santorini to Sifnos by ferry to help other travelers plan trips to Greece.
Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: