There is usually at least one ferry per day, and on occasion two ferries per day sailing from Santorini to Serifos during the summer season. This Santorini Serifos guide has all the information you need to plan your trip between these two Greek islands.
Serifos island in Greece
Having dodged the mass-tourism bullet, Serifos has managed to maintain its peace and quiet. Sure, it does have a tourist season, but it's really nothing when compared to the more famous Cyclades islands of Santorini or Mykonos.
If you're looking for trendy beach bars and clubs, you'll need to start looking at other islands to visit after Santorini. If you like great food in unpretentious settings, amazing beaches, and hiking trails as I do, we may bump into one another in Serifos!
How to get from Santorini to Serifos
There's no airport on the Greek island of Serifos, so the only way to get from Santorini to Serifos is by ferry.
During the summer tourist season, there is usually at least 1 direct ferry per day sailing to Serifos from Santorini. On some days, there may be 2 ferries.
These ferries to Serifos from Santorini are operated by Zante Ferries and SeaJets.
Ferries to Serifos from Santorini
The quickest ferry journey from Santorini going to Serifos takes around 3 hours and 25 minutes. The slowest vessel sailing to Serifos from Santorini island takes around 8 hours and 10 minutes.
You can generally expect faster ferries to have more expensive tickets prices, and this is the case with the Seajets. They do run every day though between Santorini and Serifos, whereas the Zante Ferries vessel only travels the Santorini Serifos route twice a week.
The simplest place to look at schedules for Greek ferries is at the Ferryhopper website
Serifos Island Travel Tips
A few travel tips for visiting the Greek island of Serifos:
- I'd recommend that you pre-book your accommodation in Serifos before you arrive. Booking have a nice range, and their filters mean you can narrow down the options to find the perfect place to stay in Serifos.
- With the latest ticket prices, timetables, and schedules, Ferryhopper is my first choice of site to visit when I travel by ferry.
- As you're planning a trip to Greece and the beautiful islands, why not sign up for my free travel tips and guides? I'll share my inside knowledge to help your trip planning go more smoothly. Sign up here.
- In order to pre-book a taxi from your hotel in Santorini down to the port in time for your ferry to Serifos, I suggest using Welcome taxis.
What to see in Serifos Greece
Spending time in Serifos is more about experiences than ticking things off of a ‘must see' list. As such, some suggestions of things to do in Serifos include:
- Spend time on the beaches (obviously!)
- Enjoy stunning views of Serifos from the ruined castle
- Wander the paths around the Chora
- Discover the mining history of Serifos on the hiking trails
- Taste the local specialties in a taverna
How to travel from Santorini to Serifos FAQ
Questions that people ask about traveling to Serifos from Santorini include:
How do you get to Serifos from Santorini?
The best way to take the journey from Santorini to Serifos is by ferry. There is at least 1 ferry per day, and on occasion 2 ferries sailing to the Cyclades island of Serifos from Santorini during the summer season.
Is there an airport in Serifos?
How long is the boat ride from Santorini to Serifos?
The ferries to the island of Serifos from Santorini take between 3 hours and 25 minutes and 8 hours and 10 minutes during the tourist season. Ferry operators on the Santorini Serifos route may include Zante Ferries and SeaJets.
How do I buy ferry tickets to Serifos?
I find that the Ferryhopper website is the best place to book ferry tickets online. Although I recommend you book your Santorini to Serifos ferry tickets in advance, you might try a travel agency in Greece when in the country.
Islands to visit after Santorini
If you're still planning how to spend your time island hopping in Greece, these other guides on islands near Santorini might be a useful read.
- How to get from Santorini to Amorgos
- How to get from Santorini to Anafi
- How to get from Santorini to Andros
- How to get from Santorini to Antiparos
- How to get from Santorini to Donoussa
- How to get from Santorini to Folegandros
- How to get from Santorini to Ios
- How to get from Santorini to Iraklia
- How to get from Santorini to Kea
- How to get from Santorini to Kimolos
- How to get from Santorini to Koufonisia
- How to get from Santorini to Kythnos
- How to get from Santorini to Milos
- How to get from Santorini to Mykonos
- How to get from Santorini to Naxos
- How to get from Santorini to Paros
- How to get from Santorini to Schinoussa
- How to get from Santorini to Sikinos
- How to get from Santorini to Syros
- How to get from Santorini to Tinos
– Dave Briggs
Dave is a travel writer who's been living in and writing about Greece since 2015. Over the years, he's created hundreds of travel guides such as this one on how to get from Santorini to Serifos to help other travelers discover more of Greece.
Follow Dave on social media for travel inspiration from Greece and beyond: