When cycling from Alaska to Argentina, I took a day off at Watson Lake in Canada in order to get reequipped for some bad wet weather and plan the road ahead.
Watson Lake, Yukon
It continued to rain all through the night and morning, and so I decided to have a day off at Watson Lake in order to buy a couple of things. I acquired some new waterproof gloves – I don't care if my hands get wet, but its uncomfortable to cycle when they are cold.
I also purchased a lightweight tarp, so I have the option of either using it as an additional groundsheet, or stringing it up above my tent, in order to keep the rain off, and make packing it away easier and drier.
I did some laundry, tumble dried my cycling shoes, messed on the internet and importantly, changed a flight with www.condor.com. This means that now, my paperwork should be all in order for when I re-enter the USA, and I should have no problems.
Well, that is the theory. I'm so excited, I'm going to go to the liquor store and get either beer (to hydrate with) or brandy (to keep warm with).
Tomorrow, I head down the Cassiar highway regardless of the weather, as I really need to start upping the mileage and get ahead of the autumn which is slowly creeping up.
More posts from Cycling in Canada
- Cycling from Beaver Creek to somewhere
- Cycling from a campsite to Lake Creek in Canada
- The Day of the Cyclists – Meeting other people cycling across Canada
- Cycling around Lake Kluane
- A huge day! Cycling from Haines Junction to Whitehorse
- Cycling from Whitehorse to Marsh Lake
- Cycling from Marsh Lake to Lake Squanga
- Rain stops play – A day off at Lake Squanga
- Cycling Squanga Lake to Teslin
- Cycling from Teslin to Continental Divide
- Cycling from Continental Divide to Big Creek
- Cycling from Big Creek to Watson Lake
- Cycling from Watsons Lake to Boya Lake
- Cycling from Boya Lake to Dease River Crossing
- Cycling from Dease River Crossing to Lion's Camp
- Cycling from Lion's Camp to Iskut
- Cycling Iskut to Kinaskan
- Cycling Kinaskan to Bell 2
- Cycling Bell 2 to Meziadin Junction
- Cycling Meziadin Junction to Kitwanga
- Cycling Kitwanga to Hazletons
- Cycling Hazletons to Adult Rainbow Park
- Cycling Rainbow Adult Park to Burns Lake
- Cycling Burns Lake to Vanderhoof
- Cycling Vanderhoof to Prince George
- Cycling from Prince George to Quesnel
- Cycling from Quesnel to Mclease Lake
- Cycling from Mclease Lake to Williams Lake
- Cycling from Williams Lake to Lak La Hache
- Cycling from 70 Mile House to Marble Canyon
- Cycling from Marble Canyon to Lillooet
- Cycling from Lillooet to Cottonwood
- Cycling from Cottonwood to Pemberton
- Working on a farm in Pemberton
- Working on a farm in Pemberton part 2
- Cycling from Pemberton to Cat Lake
- Cycling from Cat Lake to Porticeau Cove
- Cycling from Porticeau Cove to Duncan
- Cycling from Duncan to Victoria
- Victoria to Fairholm Campground (entering the USA)
Leave a Reply