When cycling in Canada, I stayed with a Warmshowers host in Prince George, where I took an extra day off. Here's a brief update from the day's events.
Prince George in Canada
Blog post from September 5, 2009 – Prince George in British Colombia
After breakfast, I walked with Richard and Maggee into town, and after they had shown me where the bike shop was, we separated, as I had a few jobs to do.
With them all done, I spent the afternoon looking over the internet, doing bicycle maintenance and sorting my laundry for the next day. With a few hours to spare, Richard pointed out where a few videos were to watch, and among them was Red Dwarf – ace stuff!!
In the evening, we walked back into town in order to see a gig. As we did, the strangest clouds I have ever seen rolled across the sky like a Tsunami in the sky with lightening behind them. It could almost have hidden the mothership!!
We made it to the book shop just before the heavens opened. yes, the gig was above a book shop – cool. No, there wasn't a bar – gutting. There were two semi- acoustic acts on in a kind of folk/country style, both of whom were hugely talented.
The first one was a solo artist called Raghu, who had some great songwriting skills, and the second act was The Undesirables, who have that sound you get only when you live your music. Really awesome stuff. Sorry, no photos, because I would have felt a dick taking them.
More Canada Bike Touring Blogs
- Cycling from Beaver Creek to somewhere
- Cycling from a campsite to Lake Creek in Canada
- The Day of the Cyclists – Meeting other people cycling across Canada
- Cycling around Lake Kluane
- A huge day! Cycling from Haines Junction to Whitehorse
- Cycling from Whitehorse to Marsh Lake
- Cycling from Marsh Lake to Lake Squanga
- Rain stops play – A day off at Lake Squanga
- Cycling Squanga Lake to Teslin
- Cycling from Teslin to Continental Divide
- Cycling from Continental Divide to Big Creek
- Cycling from Big Creek to Watson Lake
- Cycling from Watsons Lake to Boya Lake
- Cycling from Boya Lake to Dease River Crossing
- Cycling from Dease River Crossing to Lion's Camp
- Cycling from Lion's Camp to Iskut
- Cycling Iskut to Kinaskan
- Cycling Kinaskan to Bell 2
- Cycling Bell 2 to Meziadin Junction
- Cycling Meziadin Junction to Kitwanga
- Cycling Kitwanga to Hazletons
- Cycling Hazletons to Adult Rainbow Park
- Cycling Rainbow Adult Park to Burns Lake
- Cycling Burns Lake to Vanderhoof
- Cycling Vanderhoof to Prince George
- Cycling from Prince George to Quesnel
- Cycling from Quesnel to Mclease Lake
- Cycling from Mclease Lake to Williams Lake
- Cycling from Williams Lake to Lak La Hache
- Cycling from 70 Mile House to Marble Canyon
- Cycling from Marble Canyon to Lillooet
- Cycling from Lillooet to Cottonwood
- Cycling from Cottonwood to Pemberton
- Working on a farm in Pemberton
- Working on a farm in Pemberton part 2
- Cycling from Pemberton to Cat Lake
- Cycling from Cat Lake to Porticeau Cove
- Cycling from Porticeau Cove to Duncan
- Cycling from Duncan to Victoria
- Victoria to Fairholm Campground (entering the USA)